Here is a cheap Short shifter option , but will it fit?!?

bonecore

Reaction score
will an MK4 Golf R32 short shift/gear selector part.Number 1J0711051M fit on a3 8p 6speed 2.0 tfsi quattro 2005?
Will an audi TT, S3 version work? What part number? Thanks!

Capture

i bought this part from other source ... and will see if it fits on my car

i got confirmation from my mechanic (the one that is curently tuning my car to stage2)
it fits, but he mounted a few short shifters and people fked the syncros of the gearbox.
so he refuses to mount me the short shifter.

however i will mout it myself or will go to another mechanic .. because i am probbably a better driver than the other guys that screwed their syncros, probably i revmatch better and not force gearstick
it will be mounted in 1-2 weeks

Personally I think short shifters on 6 speed boxes are a PoS. They feel notchy and make it horrible to drive.
Save your money and dont ruin whats already a perfectly good gearbox.

Personally I think short shifters on 6 speed boxes are a PoS. They feel notchy and make it horrible to drive.
Save your money and dont ruin whats already a perfectly good gearbox.
thanks for imput
i will put a short shifter in it anyhow, because i already bought it for 60 euro.
i will do a shifter cable adjustment and will let u know about the notchyness after

mounter the golf 4 R32 short shifter , it feels very litle notchy, at first didnt realise it was on ... but shortened the shifting a bit.
the alignment of shifter cables is very importand
here is a video from a pro how to:

i have the short shifter for about 4000km and it feels fine, alot more notchy when cold and fine when warm. it is summer now so i think in winter it might be a problem. anyhow i have thinner 75w80 oil in the gearbox... am curios how it will be in winter

i had friends drive the car and they missshifted bc of the shortness... for me personally i had no problems

That must be because you are a better driver than most people?

Reactions: paddy and samuelh_888
That must be because you are a better driver than most people?
I found out that when upshifting in a manual vag vehicle ,it shifts better if u hang on the throttle for a little bit longer than normal.
...also downshift revmatch