HELPPP ! FRONT WIPERS NOT WORKING

Boxy

Reaction score
Hi there,

Im looking for a bit of advise, i have a 55 plate A3 2.0l TDi recently just fitted hid headlights... a few days after fitting them the front wipers decided to pack up :/ now ive had a research on what it might be and found that it could possibly have been the HID's that have blown the motor ?? also i know that the linkages are common for seizing on these.

Does anybody know what could be my problem ? the rear is still working fine. Also if it is the motor and i fit a new one is this going to just burn out aswell due to having HID's ?

Cheers Marcus

didnt you search first
the hids blow the wiper motor on the A3

yes it will blow again
remove hids fit new motor
or get oem xeons

Ok cool thanks for that, dont suppose you know of where i can get anoher motor from..not main stealers and what part number i need as im told that is has to be exact due t some models having auto wipers etc.

Thanks

Last edited:
I did a quick check on Ebay and there seem to be a couple of front wiper motors for under £30 listed, that claim to be new.

Thanks dude, dont suppose you know if these will work as spoke to a mate who's pretty good with VAG he said they have to be same part numbers due to some models having different modes etc

Best way is to install the actual OEM xenon units. I do these upgrades all the time but it isnt cheap! that being said if that wiper motor you just bought works then you have saved yourself about £300!

if your seriously interested to do a proper xenon upgrade then send me a pm and i will go through your options and costs