Helpng using Audi Connect App

OST

Reaction score
Ive had my car for 6 months and initally tried working the app, failed and just enjoyed the car instead.

Now it is annoying me. Im unable to see the cars location etc. Other brands such as BMW work out of the ‘box’ and once the app is downloaded on the phone, it links to the car automatically and things such as checking if the car is unlocked etc work.

I guess it has something to do with the cars in built wifi but I dont understand what i am doing wrong?

Help!!

Got it on mine and used it for about 5 mins...can't see the point of it tbh. The girl that sold me the car said that I could go in on the next demo/class on how to use it....sometimes the class lasts for 2 hours!!! I politely declined.

Well the app doesnt work...its therefore useless. It sounds silly but it is quite good to be able to find your car if you walk and get lost, for example ( a silly one I know)

Well the app doesnt work...its therefore useless. It sounds silly but it is quite good to be able to find your car if you walk and get lost, for example ( a silly one I know)

What phone are you using? The reason I ask is that modern Android phones do that for you as standard! I have the connect app working for me. It is pretty much useless so I never use it.

2 hours!!!
Yeah my response exactly :D

I just don't see the point, Google street view in your car!!! Google maps...use the Audi sat nav!!! Weather...look out of the window!!! News...turn the radio on!!! Am I missing the main point of it that I'm yet to find???

I dont understand why Audi dont have similar systems to bmw, range rover etc.

It obviously cant be hard or difficult to have an ‘interactive’ app as apposed to this crap they give us that doesnt work?

I recently struggled to get mine set up and needed to disconnect something in the MMI menu, wait 1 minute and reconnect and it worked.

Works fine now tho. Actually has a handy unlock from the app feature as it’s possible to lock your keys in the car.

Now have a new SQ5 with unlock function in the App.

Both S3’s had connect, inc the Google maps on the FL with Virtual Cockpit.

cddaeb3c58f105ded2b2d8b7389c46dd.png

Much more basic and i dont understand why? Its the only premium brand i know that has such a rubbish app