Luca Toni

Reaction score
would you be able to change the spoilers between different taligates? For example I have A3 s line so the spoiler on the tailgate has a little cut in the middle which makes it look nice but the tailgate itself is damaged so am buying a tailgate from eBay that’s the same colour but the spoiler is not the s line edition. So ist possible to get the spoiler from one tailgate to another?

yes, as long as they are the same model car e.g 3dr or sportback. It may be bonded,taped or even bolted on from standard so may take a little removing but no reason it can't be done. if you take your time and check the ebay tailgate you should be able to the where the studs come through the top to remove the nuts(if they are on there) Then just a matter of passing something under to cut through old bonding or tape.

yes, as long as they are the same model car e.g 3dr or sportback. It may be bonded,taped or even bolted on from standard so may take a little removing but no reason it can't be done. if you take your time and check the ebay tailgate you should be able to the where the studs come through the top to remove the nuts(if they are on there) Then just a matter of passing something under to cut through old bonding or tape.
Use a length of fishing line holding each end with one hand each end of the line and create a sawing action. Use gloves of course.

Use a length of fishing line holding each end with one hand each end of the line and create a sawing action. Use gloves of course.
If I was to take it off and put the other spoiler and I would have to use some type of glue, what type of glue do you recommend?

Tigerseal is a good one and there are others, no doubt someone else will suggest a good bonding glue.

As above tigerseal is ideal also if your spoiler has the studs still on it, use them and drill your tailgate, it's easier than it sounds,once you've applied the sealer and it's all in place and bolted down put an old folded blanket over it with some heavy items on top and leave overnight to set and preferably out of the elements.