Help with wiring multi function wheel

brownie 25

Reaction score
I know I know it's not an Audi but who else can one turn to in this lonely world lol,
i need to replace the driver air bag in a 2008 vw passat the bag that is in it now has only one slot in it for a plug and the new bag has two can the wiring harness be modified so both bag and functions on wheel will work

I know I know it's not an Audi but who else can one turn to in this lonely world lol,
i need to replace the driver air bag in a 2008 vw passat the bag that is in it now has only one slot in it for a plug and the new bag has two can the wiring harness be modified so both bag and functions on wheel will work
These might help

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 118
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 121
The single plug looks like a single stage airbag where as the other one is a dual stage airbag, the two systems are not compatible and the airbag will not fire in a crash (Has been proven on other forums.) you may also get an airbag warning light on the dash if you try and wire both stages together, and you may even get a face full of airbag if the wiring is done wrong.....

Thought as much,from what i read on other forums the dual stage is from later model cars but my car is 2008 single stage and the doner car is 2006 dual stage ?

Could be the base models had single stage etc, I know the A4 changed in 2005 with the introduction of the B7 but not sure about the VW range. You may be able to fit a dual stage controller but it would require modules, harness and slip ring but not 100% on that.

Ok so I picked up a different airbag,it's a single stage bag but it doesn't have the wire for the mult function so can I plug my own harness into the new bag