Help with VCDS Fault Code - A6 C6 2011

Markjb

Reaction score
I recently updated my Nav Maps to 2014 and my maps are now on a SD card not a DVD.

I cleared the SVM code using the online calculator but I still have one error code that I can't clear. Has anyone seen it before and know how to clear it?

Address 5F: Information Electr. Labels: 4E0-035-6xx-5F.clb
Control Module Part Number: 4E0 035 652 J HW: 4E0 035 652
Component and/or Version: B-BN-EU H60 0188
Software Coding: 010101010002C3ED01000705EF6300030001
Work Shop Code: WSC 02391 823 56573
VCID: 28537BA3CBF31B436B3-807D
1 Fault Found:

03175 - Invalid Data Set
000 - -
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01100000
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 96
Mileage: 51401 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2014.11.12
Time: 14:20:54

Freeze Frame:
Voltage: 12.20 V

Is this via the hacked map install?

Hi, it was using the activator from GPS Underground for the MMI3G

I seem to recall my friend with a C6 did this & has the invalid data set as a byproduct of the hacking.

Thanks. I can see a few people have had the same issue (after a few searches on the internet) along with confirmation that there is no "functional" impact, but no resolution.

Thanks for replying.

I've found a thread on a French forum that seems to have resolved it. Cut a long story short it suggests that adding "1" to each of the values under the "carmenuoperation" in the hidden menu clears it.

Will give it a go at the weekend and report back.......

Reactions: gupsterg and B5NUT
I seem to recall my friend with a C6 did this & has the invalid data set as a byproduct of the hacking.

It's nothing to do with the activation file, it that fact it's been done DIY. Normally it would be done via VAS and all the new setting would be applied to the unit from the gecko database, you get the same message even if you perform your own firmware updates.

Reactions: gupsterg
I've found a thread on a French forum that seems to have resolved it. Cut a long story short it suggests that adding "1" to each of the values under the "carmenuoperation" in the hidden menu clears it.

Will give it a go at the weekend and report back.......

Nice find. I just found the french thread and it works:applaus:

I've got one fault code left to clear and that's down to my MMI 3G being retrofitted.

It works? Great stuff! - will give it a go at the weekend! It's the only mention I can see anywhere of a solution.

Did you follow it all the way through and add the values back after clearing the error?

M

Last edited:
Yes, I can it confirm works as my fault code has gone. I've also been looking but mainly on site like audiforum.us cannot believe the solution is about 4 links down in a google search:keule:

Last edited:
Glad you found it. I found it linked within another forum.......

I Just put "03175 - Invalid Data Set " in google and it's the 4th link. best search using chrome so it can translate the page.

this is what i have tried and worked for me 100%
In the carmenuoperation menu i added 1 to every option then rebooted

go into the hidden menu
- go to car -- carmenuoperation
- change every value by adding "1"
- restart the MMI
- go into the hidden menu again
- go to car -- carmenuoperation
- change the values back to their original value, i.e. substract "1"
- restart the MMI

Reactions: Deleted member 96254
Cheers Gaz.

Did you clear the fault after the reboot and before you set the values back i.e. subtracting 1? Or did you clear the code right at the end?

Ta

M

The error code cleared by it's self on my 5F module.

Reactions: Gaz170