Help with vagparts remote locking kit?

technics100

Reaction score
I have had the remote locking kit fitted for a while now, but the range has always been quite poor (about 2-3 metres max) Can you lengthen the ariel for the unit mine is only about 8-9 inchs long. Also what is the grey and brown cable for? it says to run it up the car and connect it, but to what?

any help is appreciated

cheers

Hello,

I fitted the vag parts kit at the weekend. The ariel should be a small black wire about 6 inches long. But additionally there is another wire which the instructions say you need to thread through the boot which then acts as an ariel. The wire should be white and brown - do you have this wire?

My vagparts kit can work from about 15 meters...

Cheers

Brian

yeah i have this wire, its just lying in the boot at the minute. Do you connect the wire to anything? or just feed it through the boot?

cheers

Hello,

This wire amplifies the the arial or gives the flipper more chance of having the signal hit the control unit. With mine I threaded it through the roof of the boot - basically you want this cable to be as spread out as possible. This should be connected to the control box also. It tells you in the instructions which pin on the control box you need to connect this too. Failing that I can check tonight? let us know..