Help with SIM card and audi connect

I've got the BT £5 offer sim, works fine, even the setup was easier than the o2 sims I was using previously, also get pretty good 4G (LTE) coverage.

I hoping to receive my £5/month BT Mobile SIM today. Can you advise what the set-up procedure is please. I have a link on my PC (via my BT account) that suggests I can activate via my PC once I put the SIM in the car. Failing that, can I use my iPad via a wifi connection to the car (with the SIM in the car)?

I previously used Three data sims but £60 a year is better than £70+ and I hope to get £20 back via Quidco.

Thanks

I hoping to receive my £5/month BT Mobile SIM today. Can you advise what the set-up procedure is please. I have a link on my PC (via my BT account) that suggests I can activate via my PC once I put the SIM in the car. Failing that, can I use my iPad via a wifi connection to the car (with the SIM in the car)?

I previously used Three data sims but £60 a year is better than £70+ and I hope to get £20 back via Quidco.

Thanks

Never mind, I've got it sorted. Thanks anyway.

I had similar issues to op. Mine is an EE 6Gig 90 day prepaid £15 ebay
Tried it straight in the car, tried it in an old iphone & eventually had to phone their customer services to get it activated. No real issue.
Ive heard it'll be cheaper to buy another for £15 or £1.25/week than to top it up!

Hello, just updating: I got a new contract sim (phone sim) from three, still no data. So I bought three 3,2,1 sim today, activated in a phone and then inserted into the car and bingo! it works. Connected to google maps in no time; very fast. So "phone sim on contract" wouldn't work, "pay as you go" and/or "data sim" would work (please correct me if I'm wrong).
This information may help someone as new and novice as I am...
Thanks everyone, especially, Glospete

Reactions: glospete