Help with servicing schedule during lockdown

Statiker

Reaction score
My A3 2.0 TDI is currently on the 'flexible service' schedule as prior to lockdown I was typically covering 20k miles per year. The car was last serviced in Nov 2019 at about 38000 miles. Due to the lockdown I've not been driving much and the mileage is now around 45000. The onboard computer is saying I don't need a service for another 10800 miles or 182 days. I doubt I will cover the mileage this year but if I leave it for another 6 months it will be almost 2 years since the last service. I guess my question is, should I stay on the flexible service schedule and follow what the computer is recommending or take it in for a service sometime soon.

As far as I understand flexible service is either 18k or 2 years whichever comes first not both.
I would wait for the 2 year mark.

As far as I understand flexible service is either 18k or 2 years whichever comes first not both.
I would wait for the 2 year mark.
^^^THIS^^^ if it's still under warranty they can't moan if anything goes wrong as you have done what the mmi has said! I think you can book it in 30 days before and also 30 days after the date the mmi shows (your case 22nd Oct it's due) without affecting your warranty. So if you are worried just book it in for end September/early October.

Reactions: AlS3BE
My 1.5 petrol is on the two year/variable service set-up. On March 1st it went in for it's first service at 2 years old and 12.5K miles. I do not do short journeys, the 16 mile return trip to elderly mother being the shortest it does. Most of my miles are made up of long return motorway runs, admittedly frequently with a lightweight caravan on the back. In fact 50% of my mileage is towing. In theory this does stress the engine, but running at 40mpg whilst towing my engine is obviously not under excessive load. I'm sticking with the service set-up as present and the Audi dealer at service time did not suggest a change. If I was you I would not worry unless those trips are all short.

Colin

Change the oil , low mileage stop start is not good for a diesel , the engine starts eating its own crap through the egr valve , easy to do it yourself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk