Help with Retrofit LED Bi-Xenon on North American 2009 A3

degraffb

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just got all the parts for doing this retro fit but I think I have ran into a problem and I need some help. Am I wrong to think that if I fit the kufatec loom to the LED Bi-Xenons they will work on the main beam only? because when I tried them, I got nothing... I think they sent me the wrong loom but here's a picture showing that the pins don't mach up correctly.

photo-2 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Last edited:
There are 2 types of kufatec looms for the bi-xenon headlights. One for pre facelift and the other for led drl bi-xenon. Are you sure you ordered the correct loom? It will also have 2 wires off each adapter coming from the loom that needs to be wired into your ce module, this is for the led drl and the shutter for main beam. Can you check on the package of which the kufatec loom came in and tell me which product number it is?

From what you are telling me I am pretty sure I have the right loom because I emailed them before buying and they told me to buy the "face lift" version, which I did. Also, this loom has a total of 4 pin wires that will need to be attached to the CEM. Okay just to positive I'll give you the numbers that are on the tag of the wires. One number is: D-23795. The other number is "Artikelnumber: 36752"

itwasn'tme, if you don't mind helping me a little more that would be great, I'm beginner at this stuff. Doesn't this loom allow for the brights and the LEDs to work correctly when it's properly wired into the CEM? So I guess what i'm trying to get at is without doing any recoding in the VAG-COM and wiring into the CEM should the main beams and other components inside the housing work? I just want to test the housings and make sure it works before I get the bumper off to do the full install.

TIA

I got pictures of my issue if it will help clarify the wiring loom issue of the pins not matching up correctly. Maybe there are a couple version of the facelift loom because they line up opposite of I thought they would...

Here is the factory halogen loom (left) compared to the Kufatec loom (right)

Kufatec harness halogen side by degraffb, on Flickr

And this is the Kufatec loom (right) compared to the insert on the Bi-Xenon housing (left).
5914282096_6c633ff052_b.jpg
[/url]
photo-2 by degraffb, on Flickr[/IMG]

ok well the number you have given me looks correct on the website. i would suggest that you send an email to kufatec with the pictures and ask them to check it.
as for the lights, if you were able to wire it up then you would only get the dipped beam and sidelights on, the bi-xenon high beam and LED only work once you wire in the extra pins to the CEM. and yes you would need to recode it and clear any light errors from the car before it works correctly.
the quickest way to test the lights is to plug it into a car that already has bi-xenon leds

Okay that's what I thought, 'cause with the current loom, when I plugged the housing in I got nothing and I assume it's because this loom is not matching up to the pins on either side (also got every error code that has to do with the housing). I did email the photos to them and they told me photos are useless to them, haha. hopefully they'll get it worked out with my car's vin and part numbers of the housings.

Hi, if you can connect the housing of te bi-xenons to the adapter then just code the car and test it. After coding you will ne able to test out the dipped beam. If it doesn't work then continue asking about the adapter with kufatec. Chances are that you are just worrying too much and that adapter will work. We had the same issue with one of the guys here when wiring in his drl pins, as he had found that there was a wire in the pin, but just removing the pin and wring onthe drl worked.

Hi, if you can connect the housing of te bi-xenons to the adapter then just code the car and test it. After coding you will ne able to test out the dipped beam. If it doesn't work then continue asking about the adapter with kufatec. Chances are that you are just worrying too much and that adapter will work. We had the same issue with one of the guys here when wiring in his drl pins, as he had found that there was a wire in the pin, but just removing the pin and wring onthe drl worked.

Okay so what you are saying is I need to do the coding before I will get either the high or low beams to work. I understand that the LED and high beam release won't work until I wire into CEM. Is this right?

without wiring in the LED and high beams it wont work.

I'm not 100% about the low beam, but if you code the car for xenon then at least you can rule that out of it being the issue.
process of elimination dear watson!