1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help With Retro Fits

TF_Si Jan 23, 2018

1. TF_Si

TF_Si Member

Hi I have an 07 8P A3 I want to fit auto dimming power folding "dumbo" mirrors with the indicators built in
    I already have the mirrors and have searched and searched and wasted lots of money buying a couple of sets of door modules that don't work can anyone give me a definitive part number list for the door modules, the switch and the trim the switch fits into. Id prefer the later switch type with the aluminium knob

thanks in advance
    Simon

2. Mcblow

Mcblow Member Team Silver Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group TDi S-line owners group Manual

Is it the modules that don't work, or is it that you need some coding doing, as with just about everything else things need coding in? I could well be wrong so don't quote me

3. TF_Si

TF_Si Member

The coding I can do it’s trying to get the correct modules, my car originally had 801D’s now has 801H’s which I believe support power folding, auto dimming but not the led indicator as far as I’ve read. So am looking to see if someone can verify what part number definitely does auto dimming, power folding & led indicators on “ Dumbo” mirrors and also whether the later switch that allows individual folding will be compatable

4. TF_Si

TF_Si Member

from a post i found recently looks like i may need to get some repair wires and re pin the connector, am hoping someone can point me in the right direction ? I'm hoping one of the forum sponsors who retro fit will be along soon to advise

5. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 quattro Platinum Supporter S tronic Audi Main Dealer