Help with OE brake part numbers?

Teejay

winning the school run grand prix
Reaction score
Hi all,
Does anyone have access to ETKA (is the VAG parts/workshop system still called that?)?

I am struggling to find a good choice of aftermarket brake pads/discs for a 2013 SQ5.

Several retailers list a Ferodo DS2500 or DS3000 part, but when cross-checking this against the Ferodo website, it comes out as for the Focus RS or Audi A4/A5 with much less power/weight.
I was told that the SQ5 shares front brakes with the A8 4.0 (they are 380mm discs apparently), but not with any other S or RS models, but having the part number would confirm this.

I was hoping that with the OE part numbers, I could find the exact shape/dimensions and would then be able to validate which parts fit and which won't; or which other models have the same parts and therefore can ask retailers for the options for 'more common' models.

Thanks in advance, Tim.

Discs front
4H0615301AA

Pads front
4H0698151H or 8R0698151F

Rear discs
4H0615601H

Rear pads
8K0698451D

You're a star, thanks Darren.

Any ideas why some parts start with a 4 and others with an 8; and why there are two options for fronts? Is one a later option for the more powerful SQ5 Plus?

4H is the chassis code for the 4H A8, 8R is for the Q5, 8K A4.

No idea why there are two options, they seem the same part but sometimes there can be different part numbers for different applications and regions.

aha, that makes sense. I had to replace a headlight switch on a Seat Ibiza once. Clever parts guy said it was quite rare so was £££ and ordered the same part number but starting with an A rather than an S, which was the identical switch out of an A6 - saved £60 on a £140 part!