HELP with mileage!

Pez

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've agreed to buy an A3 from a garage in Redditch and am due to go down to pick it up first thing tomorrow. Thing is, i just did a check using www.mycarcheck.com and although nothing comes up with writeoffs and things, the mileage given doesn't match. The add on autotrader and on their website Purple Cars Limited both say 35,000 miles but the carchecker says:
93,152 miles recorded on 30 Nov 2011
75,326 miles recorded on 7 Feb 2011
53,012 miles recorded on 19 Jun 2010
35,182 miles recorded on 14 Nov 2009
29,582 miles recorded on 22 Sep 2009
16,501 miles recorded on 30 Apr 2009

Where does the mileage info come from? Is it reliable? The reg is RJ58 ELV, if anyone can verify the mileage I'd really appreciate it!

I've looked again at the ad and there is a photo of the dash showing the mileage as 35384, does it seem like its been clocked? The ad is Audi A3 2.0 TDI 170 QUATTRO SE 5DR 2008

Any advice?

:think: yep i to would be concerned.. the wheels alone if oem, would be at least around £1000-1500 if used. present the dealer with the info you have gathered and see what they have to say but on the face of what you have mentioned its a :no: from me

call him up ask for the V5 number or a mot cert number
and do a vosa MOT check.
the hpi checks can be wrong sometimes.

Yeah, I'm coming to that conclusion... I emailed the dealer tonight and he came back to me saying someone else had brought it to their attention this afternoon. Apparently they're going back to the lease company they bought it from to get it sorted out. Sounds like sht to me!

Eh thats either a massive clerical error or someones having a laugh. Wouldn't think an HPI check would be nearly 60k miles off. A little more invest needed I reckon.

they would have done the vosa check before they took it
and i spose they have got the old mot's

I asked for the MOT number to do a vosa check myself and asked if they did the check and didn't hear back! Think I'll steer clear of purple cars!