help with getting pipe off

mattm

BLACK EDITION
Reaction score
anyone know how to get this pipe off? going to the thermostat

its stuck on proper tight and after trying to get it off, in the process ripping my hands apart i just cannot get it off

any ideas????

p6300006.jpg

The ideal would be to remove the alternator.

The bolts are dual headed. You can either use a 10mm spanner or a 5mm allen key.

You could get yourself a rachet spanner or a ball headed allen key. I've had success with both.

Getting them out is the easy part, just you wait until to try to fit them back :)

Sorry mate you mis-read or misunderstood :) the picture is just for illustration

I need to get the PIPE off, that goes to the t'stat (the one with the clamp on it....)

I need to get the rubber pipe off before I can even get to the screws........

cheers !!

Yeah that one

Its just stuck on so hard (with the clip removed obv.) dont want to rip it or anything.

So any advice to get stuck on hose's off??? thanks

if you could heat it up somehow that would probably make it soft enough to just pull off.. maybe fill up a hotwater bottle iwth boiling water and wrap it around for 5 mins.. just my 5 cents. :unsure:

Ahh, with you now.

You can break the seal with a small screwdriver or something of a similar shape. Slip it between the rubber and pipe, then move sideways or remove and re-insert further round.

Be carefull not to peirce the rubber, but they are pretty tough.

heating it up wont do much, it wont expand as its designed to get hot so if it expanded then it would leak!

Twist it until the seal breaks then just pull it. Its highly unlikely that you'll break the housing unless its already weakened. In which case it would need replacing anyway!

Ahh, with you now.

You can break the seal with a small screwdriver or something of a similar shape. Slip it between the rubber and pipe, then move sideways or remove and re-insert further round.

Be carefull not to peirce the rubber, but they are pretty tough.

cheers mate so is getting them back in difficult?? i cant be ***** with stress :puke:

The bolts are just fiddly. You can use something sticky on the end of an allen key like blue tack or a magnetic screw driver to get them in situ.

i feel a bit stupid now!! of course its designed to get hot and not deform! :think: Durr forget my suggestion :blush:

I managed to do mine without removing the pipe from the stat housing. Just remove the housing and hold it out of the way whilst you change the stat.