Help with engine sound please

Buxton2901

Reaction score
Noticed an abnormal noise from left bank of my engine today. See video link below.
What does this sound like guys please.
Sounds to me like it's coming from an injector maybe

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Yup. Sounds like an injector or the seal going

had it happen to me......sadly it happened before i could get it looked at and i had a new injector too :(

injector was £280..... and i know the BiTdi injectors are MORE expensive than my single turbo motor.......

a few months later i had all the seals replaced along with both rocker cover gaskets. That was 24,000 miles ago. Car is now on 124,400 miles and has run sweet since

Reactions: Buxton2901
Yup. Sounds like an injector or the seal going

had it happen to me......sadly it happened before i could get it looked at and i had a new injector too :(

injector was £280..... and i know the BiTdi injectors are MORE expensive than my single turbo motor.......

a few months later i had all the seals replaced along with both rocker cover gaskets. That was 24,000 miles ago. Car is now on 124,400 miles and has run sweet since
How much did it cost to have all the seals and rocker cover gaskets replaced mate please?

For my engine the parts were approx £200 (gaskets were like £30 each!) i had the washers / sleeves / seals etc replaced.
My local garage only charged me 4 hours labour too yet worked on it for far longer........he cleaned up all the injectors etc as the crap on them was unreal.......Most of the seals were at the point of failing so we caught them just in time!!

Car sounded so much sweeter once all that was done :)

The Bitdi seals are £11.76 each, Mid O rings £1.18 each Fuel line O ring £9.50 each and injectors £559.75 each

Had another look today and looks like oil or fuel leaking onto the exhaust and starting to smoke. Not great.
What could be causing this?
See video attached

Had another look today and looks like oil or fuel leaking onto the exhaust and starting to smoke. Not great.
What could be causing this?
See video attached

any luck in finding the cause?

Yes mate it was a leak from the rocket cover gasket.
Since then had an injector on the same side fail. I think the garage that did the rocket cover gasket didn't change the stretch bolts for the injectors and likely didn't change the copper washers either.