Help with code 013230 - Control Module for Climatronic

Andyc567

Reaction score
Hi all,

After searching for the code below, I can see it is fairly common as it often shows in posted scans.

01320 - Control Module for Climatronic (J255)
004 - No Signal/Communication - Intermittent

But I can't find any information as to the cause of it.

Can anyone help, and explain what it is and how to get rid of it?

Many thanks guy's

Last edited:
Have you cleared it & then rescanned?

Have you cleared it & then rescanned?

Yep, I cleared it and it came back as soon as I switched on the ignition, didn't even have to run car...

Interesting though, as the original fault that came up yesterday (3rd July) when I scanned was..

1 Fault Found:
01320 - Control Module for Climatronic (J255)
004 - No Signal/Communication - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00100100
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 3
Reset counter: 243
Mileage: 144480 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2013.06.14 <<===== Note Date and time
Time: 15:41:00
Freeze Frame:
OFF
Voltage: 12.10 V
OFF
ON
OFF
OFF
OFF

Guess what I was doing on Friday 14th June at 15:41, yes you got it I was fiddling..

What I was actually doing was the Ash Tray Delete mod which involved removing the Climate unit to allow the ash tray replacement cubby hole thing to be fitted !!

I have checked the dates and time, and that is exactly when I did it ??

I didn't remove the battery, and I certainly didn't turn on the ignition with the unit removed, so unsure why the fault came up.

More to the point, why does it now reappear if I remove the fault code ?

The Air Con works fine, Ambient of 23 degrees today and I just measured 11 degrees at the vents, rising to 24 degrees when It switched it to Econ, so that is all good..

I am guessing that it needs to all come out again to check the plugs are home.

Anyone got any other idea's ?

Thanks again guy's..

Check connectors are all plugged in.

Also login in 08, go to basic settings, select 001, then go & let it do its adp calibration, when done, rescan & see if still there.

Check connectors are all plugged in.

Also login in 08, go to basic settings, select 001, then go & let it do its adp calibration, when done, rescan & see if still there.

Ok, thanks for that..

What exactly does "login in 08, go to basic settings, select 001, then go & let it do its adp calibration" actually do ?

I am sure it is safe and won't screw anything up, just interested in what it does ?

Thanks again.

Calibrates all the sensors & motors/flaps to test for any issues & usually helps clear errors.

Had a look at this earlier..

I take it you mean login to Module 08 HVAC and then go to Basic ?

I tried that, and selected 001 and GO, but it didn't seem to do much, I was expecting to see something happening?
I think I saw ADP in the first column of group 001, so maybe it was doing something ?

I also noticed that and it said Basic Off at the top, but there was a button towards the top right hand side that I think said on/off on it.. Do I need to select that ?

If anyone has full detailed instructions then that would be handy ?

Thanks again for your help.

Hi, you remember what was you problem? because i have now the same.

if you go to 08 hvac and basic settings and press the on / off button and let it do its thing, once finished you will hopefully see the ADP ok .