Help with clicking noise

S3baddaman

Reaction score
I ha e a 2009 s3 8p and recently has started to make a clicking noise when turning out of corner at slow speed. Also the car seems to wheel spin more than it use to asif the esp is off but it's not. Has anybody had something like this with thier s3??

The sound is coming from what seems to be the wheel arches there is no rubbing issues. It seems like something has come slightly loose in the suspension area but drives fine and solid at higher speeds

Awsome thank you I had no idea what it could be but atleast now I have a idea of what to inspect. Is it a big or costly job to sort out??
Take it along to a garage ask them to pop on the ramp explaining about CV joint and they will quickly tell you if it has play in it .

Reactions: Seanchadwick2k3 and S3baddaman
No problem Mate the CV boot on mine was fine but on inspection the rest of it had gone to pot

Is it a costly job to get sorted if I can get the parts I need my farther can fix it
Should be easy enough i would think use you tube , plus is your Father a good Farther :thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

Reactions: S3baddaman
Should be easy enough i would think use you tube , plus is your Father a good Farther :thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:
Yes defo the outer CV joint

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It could also be the suspension top mounts. My son had his replaced by Audi on his TT yesterday. The click click noise happened at low speed manoeuvres. Best to get it thoroughly investigated.