Help with Blackvue DR900S Dash Cam

Xsapper

Reaction score
My dash cam seems to working fine. Lights indicate that wi-fi is working and is turned on but I can't connect via wi-fi on my iphone 11 no matter what I try.
The cam is not showing on my phones network list therefore I can't connect to the camera or cloud.
The only way to view front or rear footage is to remove the sd card and view on my pc.
Can anyone help?

Is the cam using 2.4 or 5ghz & which phone you using & make sure this isn't set to only 5gz as sometimes this causes issues with connecting to the cam hotspot or vice versa.

Reactions: Xsapper
Hi and thanks. I am using an Iphone 11 on iOS 16.1. I think the phone sets the bandwidth automatically although not 100% sure.

Bizarrely it's not showing in the network list, did you check with another phone or tablet to see if it shows up on them, if not then I'd say you need to reconfigure the cams network settings.

I seem to recall iOS moved towards using WPA3 as the authentication mode, check if the hotspot has this as an option & retry,. although that doesn't help if it's not listed as a network available.

I have tried everything by phone with a guy from Blackvue support. No Wi-Fi after checking settings on my Iphone and the camera.
Sending in for repair under RMA. Thanks for your help though.