Help with black plastic trim.

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Hey detailing bods, need your help with getting wax of my black plastic scuttle trim. I have used Swissvax Best of Show on my car a few months ago. At the time purchasing the product, the seller informed me I could use it on all plastics and rubber, so I naturally used it all over the car. But the plastic scuttle trim under the windscreen had gone all white and streaky over time. I want to get it back to a black finish of course, so should I get the wax removed first, or can I just go with back to black(I've been recommend smooth peanut butter) or similar straight on the trim?

I use an all purpose cleaner then dress it with poorboys trim restorer.... its never sticky and leaves a top finish..... matt or gloss depending on how you apply it

I'd definatly clean it first with some apc and a fairly sfiff brush, this gives the product a better surface to boind to and it'll last a lot longer.

If the trim looks faded and sun damaged, you can heat it with a hot air gun and it'll turn back to its original colour without any dressing on, then you can dress it with whatever you like if you want some added shine:thumbsup:

Peanut butter can get quite messy, its the nut oil tho that colours you trim. supermarkets sell ground nut oil which works in exactly the same way, only cleaner and easier to use.

Ryan

yup i agree with Dan but depends on whether you wana pay for a lifetimes personal usage in one go, autosmart generally only sell in bulk (5ltrs) :)

yup i agree with Dan but depends on whether you wana pay for a lifetimes personal usage in one go, autosmart generally only sell in bulk (5ltrs) :)

Thanks mate, can be used for a few tasks thou and it's only £11 for a gallon. If the original poster wants a sample thou ill send him one for a few quid in the old paypal account :)