Help with a code

Charles Tait

Reaction score
Hey guys, needing help in finding a fault.

The fault log is as follows:

1 Fault Found:

005269 - Switch-Over Valve for EGR Cooler (N345)
P1495 - 009 - Open or Short to Ground
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01010100
Fault Priority: 1
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 40
Mileage: 130975 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2012.06.01
Time: 14:01:34

Freeze Frame:
RPM: 0 /min
Torque: 0.0 Nm
Speed: 0.0 km/h
0.00 %
Voltage: 12.09 V
Mass Air / Rev.: 850.2 mg/str
Mass Air / Rev.: 0.0 mg/str

Readiness: N/A

Thanks

Charles :)

I have looked up the fault code on o00526 - Ross-Tech Wiki

Well, its close to it...the fault code is 005269. And the fault code on the website is 00526.

You reckon this could be related to it?

I have heard before that the break light can cause the engine management light to come on.

brake light switch failure can cause loads of warning lights to come on.

You would think with all the money that gets put into these ECU's that they would not have faults come up for something as simple as the break light switch lol.

You would think with all the money that gets put into these ECU's that they would not have faults come up for something as simple as the break light switch lol.
Yes you would assume it'd be bulletproof

What I have found, is a lot of faults are faulty sensors.....not the actual mechanical/wiring side of things. Making the sensor, not pointless. But not as reliable as the mechanics and wiring of the car. I just replaced the DPF sensor like 2 weeks ago. The DPF is fine, just the sensor that went. Silly sensors :banghead:

Just remove the switch, do a temp fix job on it & see if the faults clear ok & if so replace switch.

I have looked further into the problem, and I too the EGR out and gave it a good clean. Hoping it would be that. But its definitely an electrical fault. I started the ignition with the EGR valve plugged in, but not connected. And as soon as it gets power the solenoid is shut and making a buzzing noise. Don't know if this is normal, and im presuming when the engine is running its still there. Just that its drowned out by the engine noise.

Does anyone know if this is a common problem with the wiring loom. Dont want to fork out the money on a new EGR to find that its the loom. Or if anyone has a wiring diagram or can tell me what voltage I should be getting at each individual pin on the plugs.

I was also thinking for a quick fix of blanking off the EGR valve just to get full power back. Lost I would say about 40 BHP with this not working :(

Thanks

Charles

Can you confirm the car info like year, engine code etc.