HELP what coilovers to go for???

SneakaFreaka83

ASN is hazardous 2 your wallet
Reaction score
Yo ,

just wanted to see what coilover set up I should go for on my 04 plate a3 2.0 fsi? Bilstein's where at the top of my list but any info would be really helpful. currently running on standard set up but on 18" BBS Carlito's .Thanks:icon_thumright:

Hey, I am wanting to get a nice drop and better handling out of the car had heard that bilsteins were the way to go guess I want to spend as little as possible but my budget would be around £800 really is this a realistic ammount? Thanks

oh and N8 are the KW V2 suitable for FSI 04 plate?. any further details?. Thanks

rights lads, I am just about to order my Coilies and between these 3.:icon_thumright:

Eibach Pro streets
KW variant 1's Basic
or Weitec Hicon GT's

not much in it price wise but your input would be good guys before I order from damian @ DPM .wanted to know whats best for slammage , best overall ride I dont want her sitting high but dont want her bottoming out and also dont want to much of a harsh bumpy ride so I am basically leaving it in your hands as to what ones I go for so PLEASEEEEE help :sos:.

Thanks again Gambo

ANYONE??????? please help hahaha sound spo desperate but soooooo wanna order them what ones to go for?....:banghead: HELP :unsure:

Im hoping to go down the weitec route if my car ever works for more than a week.
Think I'll go for the TX's though as they have the adjustable height and rebound.
My only concern is that they only go as low as 55mm. Would like a little more but
not entirely sure how low you can go before your asking for trouble.

:)

should go as low as 65mm mate on both I know the TX are ajustables on the dampers and height but think I will go with the GT as they are still height ajustables... anyone else have any thoughts on the 3?...

haha come on guys need ya help... Weitecs my opinion but any feedback welcome please...

Alot of the guys on the MINI forum im on have now started using Meister R coilovers. They are extremly well made and and very good for road use on the MINI, the time attack car is running them and they have taken a good beating over this year with not one single fault, Plus he is in second place overall in club FWD so they do there job too. For £699 you get coilovers that are fully adjustable and come with camber plates too.

http://www.meisterr.com/Site/Audi_A3_8P.htmlhttp://www.meisterr.com/

Thanks for that bro... they look pretty good.. do you know any audi's that have them fitted so I can chat to em?...

Speak to the guy from meister, one of the guys on our mini club got some but with minis it's hard to get coilovers that will retain comfort and go realy low. On the mini there made to only go to about 50 mm, because they wanted to retain quality and not get at bad name just for the sake of mega low coilovers. But any how they offered a money back garuntee and he wasn't happy with the height so they refunded him. I'll post up some links from minis later so you can an idea of some feedback if you like. Not the same car but it will give you a vague idea of what to expect. There what I'm going to swap to once I have the rest of my suspension mods sorted.