Help! Washer bottle location

Audi Bairn

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi
Bloke at work just got a A4 Avant and out and about today, has run out of washer fluid and can't find the reservior bottle!
I've never driven the new A4, but is it really that difficult to find?
Where is it located?
If anyone can help I'll give him a call to let him know.
Cheers

It's brightly coloured, and over to the right, unlike most cars.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Hi
Bloke at work just got a A4 Avant and out and about today, has run out of washer fluid and can't find the reservior bottle!
I've never driven the new A4, but is it really that difficult to find?
Where is it located?
If anyone can help I'll give him a call to let him know.
Cheers

Pop the bonnet and its on the drivers side but hidden away actually out of the engine bay, towards where windscreen meets bonnet line.
Pic below should help....
Screen Shot 2016 12 07 at 114416

Reactions: Rob_F and Audi Bairn
Guys thank you for your quick response.
I'm still surprised he couldn't find it given that it has the standard Audi bright blue cap.
I'll call him to let him know and take the total p**s out of him.
Cheers
:friendly wink:

Reactions: Brasso, iambu and NickGun
Deviating slightly, it took me a while to find the battery (in the boot next to the spare wheel) and the brake fluid reservoir (to the right of the washer bottle as you stand in front of the engine, and under the flap in the black scuttle thing that surrounds the wipers). In fact, I have a job to identify very much of what is under the bonnet. I used to service and repair my cars until it became impossible for the home mechanic, so I know my way round the basic elements under the bonnet, but the A4 is largely a mystery to me!

Isn't this what a manual is for, I read it from cover to cover even before I owned the car. I find it somewhat wrong that anyone can have a car, spend so much money on it without knowing how to carry out simple tasks that a generation before could easily perform. Call me old fashioned, I dunno, perhaps being a mechanic that used to work on cars such as the morris minor taught me some good disciplines...

Deviating slightly, it took me a while to find the battery (in the boot next to the spare wheel) and the brake fluid reservoir (to the right of the washer bottle as you stand in front of the engine, and under the flap in the black scuttle thing that surrounds the wipers). In fact, I have a job to identify very much of what is under the bonnet. I used to service and repair my cars until it became impossible for the home mechanic, so I know my way round the basic elements under the bonnet, but the A4 is largely a mystery to me!
The battery is even more hidden in the Saloon...its UNDER the spare wheel! I had to ask the dealer where it was...what a wizz!

Isn't this what a manual is for, I read it from cover to cover even before I owned the car. I find it somewhat wrong that anyone can have a car, spend so much money on it without knowing how to carry out simple tasks that a generation before could easily perform. Call me old fashioned, I dunno, perhaps being a mechanic that used to work on cars such as the morris minor taught me some good disciplines...

In the case of my colleague, it's a company car which was just delivered.
He immediately had to drive south and quickly emptied the washer bottle.
Knowing I'm a car man who's owned plenty of Audi's he called me whilst still driving having had a quick look at the last service station. Totally understand him not having time to read the manual.

Reactions: Sandra