Help to deal with damage caused by a C***

xkieron99x

Reaction score
Afternoon all, this is a post i didn't want to make but this morning the day before a move house, some t*** decide to destroy the paint and damage the body work on the passenger side of my car.

So i'm asking for advice from you anyone who can give it.

One what should i do, from the pics below the damage is quite bad, but i am handy with spray paint and body filler but considering how much damage there is would be sensible to do by myself or should i leave this one for the pros. At the minute funds are very tight (benefit of being paid a low wage due to being 19 years old) so if it is sensible to do it myself i would go that route but if i have too i will just have to save to get it done properly

2: if i was going to do this myself where would i find my paint code for the car.

3. what can i do to catch this scum bag because as you imagine my anger level is very high at the moment. i will be asking neighbours if they have cctv and will be checking local streets near me for a blue car with damage that would correspond to mine

Thanks, Kieron
IMG 0001
IMG 0002
IMG 0003
IMG 0006
IMG 0009
IMG 0010
IMG 0011

That is a weird angle of damage

Reactions: daytonamart
Looking at the height of the damage it was either a van or small lorry, but they definitely would have known they had done it.

Sorry to see this @xkieron99x i think I would get that done professionally. You could ask @Craig Cull for a quote, he is a site sponsor and is based in Leeds.

Reactions: Craig Cull
Sorry to see this @xkieron99x i think I would get that done professionally. You could ask @Craig Cull for a quote, he is a site sponsor and is based in Leeds.
Thanks @Sandra, I’ll pm @Craig Cull if he didn’t reply to the post.

Little update: One neighbor up the road has cctv and hopefully if it at the right angle I will be able to catch the person who did it

Little update: One neighbor up the road has cctv and hopefully if it at the right angle I will be able to catch the person who did it
Hi Kieron, sorry to see this. We can certainly help with this. If you would like a chat this evening ill gladly pm you my number if you would like.

Many thanks
Craig

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sandra

Good luck with identifying the person who did this. Craig will get back to you, but send him a message as well Kieron :)

Reactions: xkieron99x
I was in similar situation but luckily, it happened outside my work and I work for CCTV distributor so our place is swamped with cameras.
Have also ANPR camera outside so got the number plate of the vehicle.

I have contacted the police and am about to get drivers info from dvla.

Good luck with your case.

As said above, silver colour is pita to match.
I had a silver car once and after someone keyed it and gave it to paint, I ended up with "50 shades of grey". Lol

Your damage is more complex as it have dent by the door edges.

Lets hope you can get it done without replacing the door/panels

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Hi Kieron, sorry to see this. We can certainly help with this. If you would like a chat this evening ill gladly pm you my number if you would like.

Many thanks
Craig

I’ve pm’d my number to you

I was in similar situation but luckily, it happened outside my work and I work for CCTV distributor so our place is swamped with cameras.
Have also ANPR camera outside so got the number plate of the vehicle.

I have contacted the police and am about to get drivers info from dvla.

Good luck with your case.

As said above, silver colour is pita to match.
I had a silver car once and after someone keyed it and gave it to paint, I ended up with "50 shades of grey". Lol

Your damage is more complex as it have dent by the door edges.

Lets hope you can get it done without replacing the door/panels

At the minute I have little confidence in finding out who done this. I suppose a positive is when I move I will have cctv on the drive

Last edited by a moderator:
At the minute I have little confindence in finding out who done this. I suppose a positive is when I move I will have cctv on the drive
Tbh, even if you find out who it was, little to nothing you can do about it.
In my case, police is looking into it as the vehicle was not insured so coppers want to kill 2 birds with one stone.

I'm trying dvla route as I want to approach the person directly and tell him to pay but have little confidence it will work.
It was an elderly person driving and the damage is cosmetic.
I don't go through the insurers as I see no point so will see what happens.

update: Leicestershire police have said they are not going to investigate the hit and run, due to there not being enough evidence to meet their criteria

I feel your pain mate, the same thing happened to me yesterday in a shopping precinct car park. Went into the shop, and when we came out the wife said what's that white thing along the side of your car.....

Some shameless **** hole had swung into a disabled space next to the normal space I was in, probably in some big white ****-hole-mobile and hit my drivers rear alloy, continuing across the arch, putting a big ding into it and finished the job by scraping right along the whole drivers side main panel, stopping just short of hitting the door. I couldn't believe my eyes. I was only away 20 minutes, handing stuff into a local charity shop.

I'm going to have to get the whole side of the car resprayed. Absolutely raging.

You might be best advised to find a used door in the same colour code on eBay from a breaker, cheaper than a respray. Your code will be on your service book, and on a sticker inside the door shut or inner wing vin plate.

I had to get one side of a silver Astra resprayed 2 years ago after someone thought it would look better by dragging a key along the side - that cost me £800 cash to fix at a body shop. In fairness they did a great job and it was like a factory finish but I didn't have £800 to throw away, still don't and I'm in a decent job.

Update 2: Well after a week of considering my options, my now old neighbors called me in a massive favour, turns out he has a family friend who has a body shop and with a bit of persuading on their end the car went in on 1st April and came back on the 5th, below are some picture.

Not the best job in the world but I care more about the body work protection then an prestige paint work.

But for the amount I paid for it and the rush to get it done, I’m happy with the work done. It will last till I decide if I’m going to upgrade the car, if so a outside respray may happen or just the passenger side or keep it stock.

1F44387F 42C0 4257 9E3A 7BBBB04055A0

14B9F5EA 1859 4851 9DEE A11E4BAFD706

CFBFAF09 06F0 482A AEDA 51D52D7AA0CB

I would also like to take a moment to thank @Craig Cull for taking the time out of his busy day to ring me to discuss sorting me out. Even though I didn’t use him on this occasion like I said if i am going to respary the passenger side I will be giving him a call.

Update 2.5: may of forgot to post this reply this half update is now on the 11th April due to a busy week of working. Leicestershire police gave me a ring, they have decided now they are going to conduct a investigation on the hit ‘n’ run but again due to the lack of any cctv footage I will not be holding out for luck.

Reactions: Craig Cull
way better than it looked after the accident.
quite orange peeley though, maybe a bit of wetsanding and a polish would help?

Reactions: xkieron99x
way better than it looked after the accident.
quite orange peeley though, maybe a bit of wetsanding and a polish would help?
Was actually thinking about doing that, when I go to give the car the well deserved detail.

Glad you got it sorted mate