HELP STOP/START FAULT IS DOING MY HEAD IN..

holmefield

Reaction score
Hi all im hoping that somebody on here can help me figure out what this fault is and how to solve it.

i was driving on saturday and as normal my car turned off @ the traffic lights, but about 10 seconds later it started backup and brought up the message STOP/START MALUFUCTION System not active, @ the same time my Yellow coil light started flashing up on the dash. The coil stayed flashing until i got home no loss of power just no stop start function.

I plugged in my Carista Doggle when i got home and read the fault codes they were,

OBD2 pending
P0236 ( turbo/supercharger boost sensor "A" circuit range/performance

ENGINE
05168 ???? cant find any reference online to what this is???

POWER STEERING
02305 Temperature sensor rear drivers side (G 426)
02306 Temperature sensor rear passenger side (G 427)

I cleared all the faults took the car back out and it was fine for 15 miles then started again with the coil light flashing and STOP/START MALFUNCTION message?

If i take the car out and disengage the stop/start function with the dash button its fine and no YELLOW COIL FLASHING, but again today i took it out didnt press the button and within 4 miles the message is back and YELLOW COILS are flashing....GURRRRRRR

Has anybody had these codes or this error and got to the bottom of whats causing it???
Cheers

I've looked online but am struggling to figure out why the stop/start would fail if the engines off?

It starts fine and doesnt apper to be losing any battery volts???

@holmefield You are probably better posting this in the car specific section, you will get a much better response in there...

@Sandra Are you able to move this to the right section please?

Thanks

Reactions: Sandra
Right i've been out in the car again today and left the stop start as normal and it cuts out/ brings up STOP/START MALUFUCTION System not active within 2.5 miles, now its a very warm day today so that mite be making it come on quicker.

I plugged in my Carista Doogle again and it brought up 2 of the same errors

OBD2 pending

ENGINE

Any thoughts????

right just thought i'd update this, after having the stop start issue, i decided that i'd change the ADS engine setting from Dynamic to comfort and the stop start malfunction problem has disappeared???

@ the same time i located and cleaned the sensor that controls the turbo/supercharger boost sensor...

So whether it was altering the ADS setting that made the difference ( mines running a DTUK tuning box to ) or cleaning the sensor that did it remains a mystery but..i'll monitor it and post back

Hi all im hoping that somebody on here can help me figure out what this fault is and how to solve it.

i was driving on saturday and as normal my car turned off @ the traffic lights, but about 10 seconds later it started backup and brought up the message STOP/START MALUFUCTION System not active, @ the same time my Yellow coil light started flashing up on the dash. The coil stayed flashing until i got home no loss of power just no stop start function.

I plugged in my Carista Doggle when i got home and read the fault codes they were,

OBD2 pending

ENGINE
05168 ???? cant find any reference online to what this is???

POWER STEERING
02305 Temperature sensor rear drivers side (G 426)
02306 Temperature sensor rear passenger side (G 427)

I cleared all the faults took the car back out and it was fine for 15 miles then started again with the coil light flashing and STOP/START MALFUNCTION message?

If i take the car out and disengage the stop/start function with the dash button its fine and no YELLOW COIL FLASHING, but again today i took it out didnt press the button and within 4 miles the message is back and YELLOW COILS are flashing....GURRRRRRR

Has anybody had these codes or this error and got to the bottom of whats causing it???
Cheers
GOOGLE: AUDI START/STOP LAWSUIT

This is my post from a few days ago:

I am having serious issues with what I know believe to be the "Start/Stop" functionality.
There is no pattern to how often it happens, but it started roughly 6 months into my lease.
It is now 17 months in my lease, Audi can't find anything wrong, and states since they can't "duplicate" nothing they can do.
The car at times sitting at a light or just stopped at a stop sign....I have my foot on the brake light turns green press on the gas the car starts to engage and then either starts "bucking" like it is trying to go OR lurks/creeps after rough 3 seconds we have lift off and it launches.
This is not fun when you are pulling onto a highway into traffic like I did yesterday and almost got into an accident. I was not romping on the gas, the 4 second delay as the basically sat halfway into the first lane was the problem...and then KAMBOOM she launches.

I have been doing research - There has been and still are multiple class action lawsuits against VW for this problem. I told the dealership the same damn thing I have been telling you for a year is right here as well. same problems. I know they can't duplicate and I get that side of a business, but the car has serious issues. At first I thought I was nuts, or someone I was doing something wrong. It happens when the start/stop is engaged and ALSO when it is not.
My understanding of the functionality when it is on foot off break LOL Press gas. CAR GO. They yammer to me about it could be something you are doing. LMAO Like what? Turning uo the radio at the same time lol. I understand the car has to start back up, but that should be the second my foot is off the break OR my foot presses the gas.
CAN ANYONE HELP! - GOOGLE Class Action Lawsuit - Audi Start Stop. Also Audi TSB 00 18 14 2045316/3 references start/stop but not what I have an issue with - However it states:
The Start/Stop system is complex and the number of the conditions affecting it is high. In many cases concerns about the Start/Stop system may actually be normal operation or influenced by the actions of the driver or passenger. What actions?