1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Help!!! Smoke from inside car and burning smell!!!!

Isaa May 8, 2020

1. Isaa

Isaa Member

Hi
    I own a 2007 A5 3.0 TDI coupe and wondering if anyone can help me with a issue that occurred today. Now I don’t know if everything is related but I’m going to mention it Anyway.

So I jumped in my A5 this morning to find that the battery was flat. Luckily I own another car so I used it to jump start the A5, after that everything seemed fine. Drove to work and left the car parked up. Came back out after around 4-5 hours, when I opened the car a whole load of smoke escaped with the distinct smell of something burning. I spent a good 30 minutes trying to figure out the source of the smoke but couldn’t find anything.

Another issue that has emerged is my MMI no longer works. When I switch it on I get the initial MMI loading screen then it just goes blank. This was definitely working when I was driving to work as I remember using the radio.

I’ve had a search online and the only thing that really came up was issues with the AMP due to leaking sunroofs but I don’t have a sun roof. Any help will be great, Thanks.

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. quattrogone

quattrogone Quattro Back!

Pretty sure I read about A5's randomly catching fire some where whilst researching them! I'd get it checked out pronto....