Help, S3 is not smooth on 3/4th throttle in D

BlueS3fromSu

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a 2016 audi s3 and sometimes when im 3/4th on the throttle the car gives a quick “jerk” at shifting points but only on normal or comfort mode, its smooth on sport/dynamic mode.

Already changed the sparkplugs and coils and did a dsg reset & oild change, also no check engine light. We dont have a audi dealer where I live and me and my mechanic are kinda clueless, I also have to import the parts so I want to be sure what needs replacing. Only 34k km on the car. Ive been driving like this for over an year, hoping the problem would get worse and a check engine light or fault code would pop up.

Can you guys help me out? Thanks in advance

Possible more wear on clutch 1 ( gears 1 3 5 7) usually by driving in manual in stop/ start traffic than clutch 2 especially if the car doesn’t have hold assist and has been held on the brake pedal not handbrake.

When was gearbox oil last changed?

Possible more wear on clutch 1 ( gears 1 3 5 7) usually by driving in manual in stop/ start traffic than clutch 2 especially if the car doesn’t have hold assist and has been held on the brake pedal not handbrake.

When was gearbox oil last changed?
So the problem could possibly be solved with a clutch replacement? I do live in a small country with alot of start stop traffic so thats a possibility. I recently serviced the gearbox to try and solve this but it didnt help