HELP S3 8p buzzing noise when driving

Eggyevo

Reaction score
Audi S3 8p has a Electric/buzzing noise while driving i can hear it when I open the window so it definitely coming from outside the car and it gets a lot louder when I press the on the brakes

Has anyone experience this problem before
Or any ideas what it could be

Would the wheel bearing get louder when I apply on the brakes?

Hard to say. If you are braking then the weight and inertia is passed to the front of the car, creating more weight on the wheels and in turn the bearings.
It may be a coincidence.
Is the buzzing present when stationary or at idle?

It only starts to buzz when car is moving and when apply on the brakes it gets louder
No buzzing when stationary or at idle

Someone said it could be my Grooved & Dimpled Discs

Could be a wedged stone also, given symptoms.

I had a similar issue a while back, but tracked it down to wife-generated whine... Had to put up with it ever since though.

Reactions: S., aqibi2000, Daveyonthemove and 2 others
Thats inbuilt to all chassis's

Reactions: S. and leshkin
I had a similar issue a while back, but tracked it down to wife-generated whine... Had to put up with it ever since though.

I also have 2 daughters so I get proper surround sound.

@Eggyevo - I have grooved & drilled discs and I get a crunching sound when applying brakes but not a buzz. My previous brakes have a buzz at motorway speed which may have been no grease when pads were fitted.

Reactions: S. and leshkin
I go with Nige, a stone on the pads would fit the bill. check for a recent score line round the discs, not easy on the inside but it might give you a clue.

Marriage is like a coffin and children are just nails in it....Homer Simpson :)

Reactions: S.
Marriage is like a coffin and children are just nails in it....Homer Simpson :)
Homer and Al Bundy know a thing or two when it comes to wife and kids..

Poor old Homer, his kids are all over 30 now and Maggie is still crawling and sucking a dummy. :)

Reactions: S.