Help !!! Rs4 grille part no plus confused

Mick H

Reaction score
Got to say I’ve wanted a B7 cab for a long time but once you get one becomes addictive modifying it. I spent all yesterday (10-12 hrs) reading threads and builds you guys have done some are really quite amazing and so informative. However the spending is getting way out of control !!
So I need some help, I have tried to do this with search’s on here/inter web but can’t seem to get there.
Question 1.
Can anyone tell me if 8E0-853-651-L3FZ it’s the part no for the RS4 grille with the satin silver surround. Done a deal with TPS through work for one (we use them quite a lot) but even they cant say for sure as they all come up as black. The parts database says black on some and nothing on others whereas if you look at b8 ones there all there black,gunmetal etc etc

2. In my quest to find suspension I have learnt that only h&r do springs specifically for the cab (29312-2) which is fine. But they list the same spring to fit all cabs 2wd, Quattro, 1.8, 2.0, 3.0 can anyone explain this when all the avants/ saloons are so specific on drive and engine size. It’s doing my head in as I do like to understand what I’m doing !!
Sorry for the rant
Cheers

I have the satin silver one , but I've had a few for that matter , and yes that part number is the satin silver surround version.

I see you have noticed how addictive modding the B7's are, everyone start out with the best intentions , and that they will not be changing anything, but that soon changes..lol
Best plan is to lock up you wallet /cash and credit cards for the time you have the car...it gets expensive .:yes:

Rob
Seems your my saviour yet again but thank you really appreciate it. Yes you maybe right about locking the wallet up as the spending has got way way out of hand. Wheels,tyres, brakes, suspension, service, and now a grill !! Oh and remap booked. Jeez I’m so impatient . But I’m 57 and have always had 3 cars on my bucket list, and although I’ve had some really nice motors through the years never any from that list. This is the first, second RS4 avant, third 911 so this is the start sod it you can’t take with you and the kids have already had enough
Any thoughts on the spring question ?

Reactions: Charlie Farley
I'm 59 and have had way too many cars , some great and some not so great...lol
They have all been a drain on funds one way or the other , not sure any have been quite as costly as my B7 though, but hey, if it creates something you love then albeit.:icon thumright::yahoo:

911's, steer well clear of them aswell, I've had a 911 (964 C4) great car but cylinder head design is an expensive fix, 944 turbo ,944s2, 944lux , 968 club sport , 968 sport, 924 and thats just the tip of a very large iceberg of cars....lol

Those springs are 30/30 drop so an even setup also the axle weights are different across the saloon/avants compared to the cabs hence the specific can fitting.
I have H&R springs on Bilsteins on my avant and they are excellent, i'd stick with them to be honest.
What dampers are you fitting with them.
The whole spring fitting options to B7's is a bit of a minefield really , as there is a fair bit of variation depending on axle weights and 2wd or quattro applications.

Rob
That’s an impressive list to say the least. I hear what your saying but it won’t change my mind. I was 30 when I drove my first Porsche, my old boss had a 911 turbo and I got to drive it occasionally. After that first drive always said I’m gonna have one these, so unless the rs4 avant changes my mind !! hopefully I will. Having owned such a list of really special cars yourself I’m surprised at the avant ( not in a bad way) just you really seem involved with it and enjoy ownership. But half the fun of a car is the tinkering !!
With regards to the springs I’ve ordered b8’s to go with them so fingers crossed. Still confused about the 1 spring for all cabs issue though. As you say it is complicated but a cab with a v6 upfront has a lot more axle weight than a 1.8t. I did see the axle weights in the build codes when I was checking things so may well look them up again and see if I can compare them to a 3.0 tdi avant say. To late to do anything now as I’ve ordered but as I previously said I like to understand something or it just niggles me. Right off to order some new drop links which I forgot yesterday when I ordered 22mm rare aargh more money lol

Congrats on the B7. There's an absolute ton you can do to them and upgrade with OEM parts alone.

What's the TPS rate on the RS4 Grill?

Thanks tr7. Got the grille for 415 plus vat but booked to work so I won’t pay the vat. Happy days

The B7 rs4 grille is one of audi's most expensive grilles , made even worse by the fact the cars are now 13+ years old.

Thanks tr7. Got the grille for 415 plus vat but booked to work so I won’t pay the vat. Happy days

Hi Mick

Did you ever come across the Part Number for the Black surround grill?

8E0853651AFVMZ ?