Help reverse/fog light wrong way round

Reaction score
Hi I have a 2009 S3 and when I put the car in reverse the rear fog light comes on instead of the reverse light and when I put the fog light on the reverse light comes on any one able to help ?

Has anyone been messing with VCDS?

Have you fitted European rear lights?

Hi I have a 2009 S3 and when I put the car in reverse the rear fog light comes on instead of the reverse light and when I put the fog light on the reverse light comes on any one able to help ?
post pics so we can see the issue visually but you have a coding issue

Yeah post pics so we can see what side of the car is lighting up when you do what, as it could be coding or wrong lenses I think.

Thats if its a 3 door.

It is a 3 door and I will tomorrow when I'm home and I'm not sure it's been like that since I got it few month ago

Ok. And just so you know, the reverse bulb is on the passanger side, and the fog bulb is on the drivers side. If the correct sides are lighting up then it sounds like the lenses are the wrong. If the incorrect sides are lighting up then its an issue with coding or god knows what else.

First picture it when

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    958.6 KB · Views: 1,685
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    885.5 KB · Views: 379
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    934.3 KB · Views: 243
Reactions: s3_trev
First pic is when reverse is selected second when rear fog is selected and last is with them both on

You need someone with VCDS to check the coding. I know its possible to activate the rear fog light as a reversing light. Wasn't aware or sure why you would want to activate the reverse lamp as a fog lamp :blink:

Hmmm that is very strange! Def more to this than just the lenses unfortunately. Hopefully there is some useful information in that link that was posted.

No that like is my same question that I asked before and got no answers

As the incorrect sides are lighting up you need to get the car scanned. My guess is that someone has coded the lights incorrectly.

Just for clarification when looking at the rear of the car the left hand light (passenger side) should be a white reverse light.
On the right hand side (drivers side) should be a fog light. It looks from the photos that the correct lenses are on each side of the car.

As the incorrect sides are lighting up you need to get the car scanned. My guess is that someone has coded the lights incorrectly.

Just for clarification when looking at the rear of the car the left hand light (passenger side) should be a white reverse light.
On the right hand side (drivers side) should be a fog light. It looks from the photos that the correct lenses are on each side of the car.

Yeah exactly.

All sorted now on closer inspection up at Audi looks like the previous owner for some reason had tried to wire up so a fog light comes on at each side so removed the wire and bulb and good as new