Help Required please re: Front anti roll bar bush

Shaun Osborne

Reaction score
Can anybody help me figure out what size arb bushes I need for my 1.9tdi. Not sure if engine code is required but it's bke saloon.
I've been experiencing knocking or more like rattle on front end over uneven surfaces, I've done bottom wishbones, new springs and shocks, one side drop link so far, and when I do the other side I'm doing the arb bushes aswell.. Other than that what else can be the fault? My mechanic reckons the strut top mounts rarely go, however I'm guessing he could be wrong as any rubber can perish.

dont needlessly replace stuff work out what it is,

to check size you could use an adjustable wrench over arb,

mine was nocking like you say i checked it over and inner track rod had failed.

dont needlessly replace stuff work out what it is,

to check size you could use an adjustable wrench over arb,

mine was nocking like you say i checked it over and inner track rod had failed.
I changed the other drop link, and both the arb bushes today. The noise is still there I think. Its not a continuous noise it's only at lowish speeds and uneven roads. It's got my head battered as I'm not able to pin point the noise to a particular area

Evening chap, is it a rattle or more of a clonking sound and is it under all driving conditions of just specific times such as turning.

Reactions: Shaun Osborne
Evening chap, is it a rattle or more of a clonking sound and is it under all driving conditions of just specific times such as turning.
It's only really at low speeds on uneven surfaces, similar noise to drop links. It's had new springs and shocks, front lower front control arms, arb bushes, no brake wobble. It's very annoying.

Sounds like front upper control arms - a common problem. The ball joints go & can produce rattling & clonking noises which are most noticeable at low speeds. If there's any play at all in them this can happen.

Sounds like front upper control arms - a common problem. The ball joints go & can produce rattling & clonking noises which are most noticeable at low speeds. If there's any play at all in them this can happen.
Doesn't appear to be any play, although I do have play in lower arm (rear one)

Attachments

• IMG_20201020_144023.jpg
    IMG_20201020_144023.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 165