Help required asap!

dutty_112

Reaction score
Afternoon all, Merry Xmas too!

Right basically i currently have an Audi A4 B7 2.0tdi, last night driving back from Stockton on Tees, my oil pressure light decided to pop up! So i pulled over into next service station checked the oil and it was fine.

Drove off as soon as i got onto the motorway the oil pressure light popped up again and through the car into limp mode, and the engine management light came on. So i called Audi recovery who then brought the car home.

Does anyone! Have any idea what this could be related to? The car was serviced about 3months ago, Oil level is fine too.

i have been told it could be the oil pump or blockage of the oil being built up (sludge) due to the cold!

Help please!

Thanks

You'd be better off asking in the B7 section, but I think the early 2.0TDi's suffered with the oil pumps failing. From memory the teeth which drive it are made of plastic and either wear or break away. I think there is a sticky in the relevant section which may help you.

Thanks for the reply and sorry to be a pain by any chance can you direct me to the thread?

i dont get why people check the oil when the oil preasure warning light pops up
its not telling you its low on oil
if the pump had gone or blocked its gona cost £££££££ to get fixed
unless your under warranty