Help replacing headlights

slizza786

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi

I have an Audi A3 (04 plate) 2.0 TDi with fog lights and want to change the halogen lights to some super white halogen ones. Iv found a full kit which includes the main beams, side lights, dipped beams and fogs. The problem im having is fitting them onto the car because i wont be spending £7.99 on each bulb at halfords to fit them on. If someone who knows how to change them wouldn't mind sharing some knowledge i would really appreciate it.

really ?
you take the back cover off remove old bulbs

refit new bulbs and place cover back on
if you cant do this then take it to a garage and pay to have them fitted

It isn't difficult, just very fiddly to get your hands in. My word of advice would be to find someone with small hands and if you can't, get some long nose pliers, it'll make the job a lot easier.

Thanks for the response guys. Iv attached some photos here hopefully to show where im getting the trouble from.
20130811 201835

20130811 201445

for this part i dont know what is keeping the bulb in place i cant seem to find the correct hook to release, has it got something to do with that metal ring?

20130811 201758

As for the main beam I didnt want to risk moving it around until I know which part to undo. Where do I start off?

20130811 201541

Finally for the fog lights is there a specific part when I have to pull to release it off the bumper?

With the main and dipped beam you just pull the socket with the bulb out.
Fog lights - if I remember correctly you can pull out the grilles to have easier access to the rear or could also unscrew them after removing grilles.

With the main and dipped beam you just pull the socket with the bulb out.
Fog lights - if I remember correctly you can pull out the grilles to have easier access to the rear or could also unscrew them after removing grilles.

thanks guys im going to try this out and see how it goes

With the high beams I was able to pull it out of the socket and take the bulb out. However I'm still finding it hard to come in contact with the main beams because if the black box blocking it

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1376668654557.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376668654557.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 99
ignore that last post just found the clip to release the cover if this box

good find your big red arrow is pointing to it :jester: