1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help - Replacement Front Drop Links for Car lowered with Coilovers

k1ano Jun 7, 2018

1. k1ano

k1ano Member

Coilovers strike again !

I have (I think) FK coilovers which have different front drop links to OEM. My car has failed its MOT due to failure of these - the garage can't source replacements as they don't have a part number or equivalent and their suppliers can't match them by length.

Has anyone got an equivalent replacements from another make/model ? I had one replaced a few years ago but that garage didn't tell me how they sourced it ... My other option is to buy OEM and cut/sleve and weld them shorter (I believe shorter anyway !).

Any help sharpish would be appreciated so I can order some for a re-test. I will get searching to see if there are any other threads unless I could be pointed at any.

Martin

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. S3AMJ

S3AMJ OEM+ Team Brilliant Black Audi S3

Hi Martin, have you got a picture for us to have a look at?

4. k1ano

k1ano Member

I’ll dig one out later and measure it ... I found another post saying DPM (is that right) maybe stock shorter drop links ?

M

5. S3AMJ

Yeah DPM stock all sorts of suspension setups for our Audi’s. You can get shortened and adjustable drop links.

6. Alex C

Alex C Well-Known Member VCDS Map User Audi S3

A3 or S3?

7. k1ano

k1ano Member

It’s S3...

Total length of drop link is 28cm, bolt centre to bolt centre is 25cm.

2B6DFD49-1CED-49E0-A5CD-EA56648F923C.jpeg

8. S3AMJ

9. k1ano

k1ano Member

Looking at a set on e-bay STANCE branded various lengths inc. 260/270 etc. seem like the right fitment specifying Audi and various SEAT models.

10. S3AMJ

As per above link

k1ano likes this.
  11. k1ano

k1ano Member

Great thanks, just posted about those too ... Yes car is lowered on FK coilovers, current drop link are shorter than OEM - lengths as above but recon the 260 ones you posted that I also just found would be OK :)

S3AMJ likes this.
  12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. S3AMJ

Glad I could help, hope those or similar do the trick at least now you know there not OEM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. vanilla_ice

vanilla_ice Active Member

Does anyone know if the drop links mentioned above would be suitable for a Bilstein B8 & H&R spring combo?

I seem to get through standard items quite quickly, or is that to be expected?

Thanks