Help removing J519 connectors

Kondax

Reaction score
I'm currently (attempting) installing Auto Hill Hold and I'm having some trouble getting access to the pins for the two J519 connectors. I haven't removed the glovebox but have managed to unplug the connectors. Does anybody have tips to pulling the pin blocks out of the connectors themselves?

I've only managed to attach the earth connector so far. Doing these three pins look like they'll take hours..

In the event I don't manage to plug them in soon, I assume it's safe to drive the vehicle with only the earth cable attached and the others taped up?

Thanks.

If it helps these are the connectors I'm talking about

You should be ok driving with the auto hold not fully connected if it’s just the ground, but I would make sure the battery is disconnected before you remove or reconnect the plugs on J519
Once each plug is removed the end where the wires enter has a small cable strap that you need to cut, the same plug has 2 x tabs holding both the inner connector strips in, if your struggling for light and access I would remove the glovebox to make things easier.

You should be ok driving with the auto hold not fully connected if it’s just the ground, but I would make sure the battery is disconnected before you remove or reconnect the plugs on J519
Once each plug is removed the end where the wires enter has a small cable strap that you need to cut, the same plug has 2 x tabs holding both the inner connector strips in, if your struggling for light and access I would remove the glovebox to make things easier.
Thanks for the info Dave. I've grounded it but taped the remaining 3 pins up, so shouldn't be an issue. I had the battery disconnected at the beginning thankfully.

I'm going out later tonight so it looks as though it's on pause until tomorrow which is when I have the reverse camera to fit too. I think I figured out the two tabs earlier but I didn't have enough room to manage to get them out.

I did attempt to remove the glovebox but my screwdriver was too big to get the top bolts. I'll have to find a smaller one when I do it tomorrow which sound make the whole process a lot easier.

I managed to snap loads of those metal clips for the trim pieces, so I'm going to have to source some replacements for those on ebay.. fun..

It’s definitely easier if you remove the glovebox, just take your time and make sure you get the correct pins, it’s well worth doing and you’ll wonder how you managed without it :)

Reactions: Kondax
It’s definitely easier if you remove the glovebox, just take your time and make sure you get the correct pins, it’s well worth doing and you’ll wonder how you managed without it :)
I've just managed to get the clips out - am I correct in thinking the left-most connector is A, and the right one is B?

Just tested and all works well. Thanks for the help Dave. Now onto doing the camera