Help! Removed after market stereo and now Airbag light is on!

col6821

Reaction score
I don't know what I've done this time, but having just removed an Alpine Iva head unit, Sat Nav and Parrot bluetooth kit I've now got the Airbag light in the speedo on...

As part of the uninstall I've also disconnected a Hunter CAN-BUS Interface Unit (the loom is still in place for this), could this be causing the Airbag light error?

Will a VagCom reset clear the light, or have really broken it this time...?

As always, any help gratefully received!

Col

If you unplugged the airbag switch on the glovebox and turned the ignition on, then that would throw the fault, simple reset required.
Can't think what else you could have done

Pretty much as above, but what did you remove to get to these bits?

Thanks Andymac and NHN,

I think that's exactly what I did! I've since disconnected the battery, but apart from lighting up the steering wheel and TC lights that did nothing (they both went out when the vehicle was moved).

I was taking out an Apline Sat Nav, so removed the glovebox, trim under the steering column, passenger footwell and all side plastics, rear quarter plastics and nearside boot carpet.

There's not really anyone in the VCDS Owners list that's close to me so I guess it's a visit to an independent..

Thanks for you help guys.

Col

Yeap removing glovebox & disconnecting the connector will bring that up mate, shame cant find a local, alternatively buy vcds if would use again :) as seems waste going to indy for just that.

Cheers NHN,

I would buy the VCDS, but the car is going in for px on Friday (hence the stereo removal) and after 5 VAG cars we're going to .... BMW! I need the alleged 62MPG economy.

Col

Im in coventry and have full vcds (albeit only a KEY-USB) IF this will work with a 2004 (NHN can you advise?)

I would buy the VCDS, but the car is going in for px on Friday (hence the stereo removal) and after 5 VAG cars we're going to .... BMW! I need the alleged 62MPG economy.

Col

Traitor lmfao.

To get that mate you'd have to be cruising at 60-70 on cruise control on a clear motorway all the time lmfao, possible yes, as my A3 thats tuned fairly well, does that 62mpg if I drive as per stated & mine has custom map, hybrid turbo etc etc.

Im in coventry and have full vcds (albeit only a KEY-USB) IF this will work with a 2004 (NHN can you advise?)

Nah KEY version is kline iirc, needs a CAN version tbh on an 8P mate.

Traitor lmfao.

To get that mate you'd have to be cruising at 60-70 on cruise control on a clear motorway all the time lmfao, possible yes, as my A3 thats tuned fairly well, does that 62mpg if I drive as per stated & mine has custom map, hybrid turbo etc etc.

I agree that the MPG figures are probably unrealistic, but it won't take much to beat 25MPG that we currently get, and with an 11 month old child there are better ways to spend the money than on my indulgencies (well, according to 'er indoors)!

I agree that the MPG figures are probably unrealistic, but it won't take much to beat 25MPG that we currently get, and with an 11 month old child there are better ways to spend the money than on my indulgencies (well, according to 'er indoors)!

& no audi quotes at 60mpg :p poor excuses, but true nearly 10 month old kid here so money best spent elsewhere, like modding her cot lmfao (what missus dont know I spend on wont hurt)

Reactions: col6821