Help - Poor radio reception

Faizan

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I know this has been discussed before, but the most helpful thread I can find is over 5 years old.

I have an 08 A3 which had the Audi Symphony stereo (double din - It plays all the MP3s etc). I assume it was the Symphony II+?

I have upgraded to an RNSE (MK2) and the radio is VERY poor. What exactly do I need to purchase (which amplifier etc) and where are they located? I only ask as the thread I read was for the sportback, and I;ve read some reports of the relevant cabling being in the boot as opposed to in the bottlid.

I appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks,
Faz

Thanks Lee - Thats the thread I've been reading, but they are all pretty much sport backs.

Are the parts / locations the same on the 3 door?

Faz

Hi,

I’m just about to attempt this modification myself (when the weather improves and I can pluck up the courage to remove the boot trim.)
Not sure if it will help, but I thought I’d give up to date prices of the parts required, which I purchased from my local Audi dealer last week.

Top Amp: 8P4 035 225 B £27.35

Connector block: 1C0 973 119 B £3.31 each

Repair Wire: 000 979 009 E £3.34 each

I sourced the other bits from e-bay:

2m long male to female Fakra cable for £8.00.
Second hand lower Amp from for £5.00 (So just hope it works).

Cheers

Thanks Sparks :rolleyes new:,

Thats awesome info! Do you have a part number for the lower amp? As according to the other thread only the 8P4 modelled number ones work for this mod....

Cheers

Hi,
The part number on the unit I sourced from e-bay was 8P4.035.225 which matchs the one in the thread. I believe it is from a older A3. Not sure if the one I have is from a sport back or 3 door but I'm working on the principle that if the part number is right the unit will be right. Try searching e-bay UK & e-bay Germany using the part number in the thread as you might find a bargain. This unit from Audi will be way over £100.
Hope this helps....
Cheers

This is a picture of the unit I sourced from e-bay. Note the 3 connectors (yellow / white / grey) and the part number (it doesn't have a letter suffix at the end), I'm pretty sure this is part that you need to be sourcing.
IMG 0994