Help plz guys and gals! Revs pulsing. See video

Buxton2901

Reaction score
Hi everyone, looking for some opinions on a rev pulsing issue my A4 2.7tdi is having.
It has the multitronic gearbox and is doing this when accelerating with any urgency.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks guys

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I tried to upload but can't for some reason. Any tips???

Hope that video works for everyone. Any thoughts would help. Cheers. And happy new year everyone

Not seen anything like that tbh. How does it idle and can you hold a constant rpm when in neutral?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gear box issue ? How did you get on a while back with your box problem ?

Holds idle fine and can keep constant in neutral also. Only does it when accelerating. Gearbox has been fine. Worried it's going to throw loads of faults when it's mot time

It looks like gearbox problem to me. If you speed up to and hold steady eg 70mph the engine revs will be below 2000 rpm I recon. Then if you suddenly lift your foot of accelerator - will the revs drop by more than 50 rpm?

i would guess either something in the box or something boost related with the turbo as it's only happening under load from what your saying

Oh poop that doesn't sound very good.
I will try that Leszczu and report back

My mate had an old beemer years ago.when he floored it. It did that. Idled fine.
It had a split hose and when you booted it. The split opened. Lost power. Then split closed, power regained. So on and so forth.

My mate had an old beemer years ago.when he floored it. It did that. Idled fine.
It had a split hose and when you booted it. The split opened. Lost power. Then split closed, power regained. So on and so forth.
Thanks mate, I hope it's just that and not something gearbox related. It's going in for mot and service in a couple of weeks so will get them to check it out. Fingers crossed. Will let u guys know the outcome.
Cheers

Looks like a gearbox issue to me TBH. I am surprised there are no fault codes on the gearbox or engine.

As above, I'd say gearbox. Although it's an auto the clutch can still slip. That's what it looks like to my untrained eye.

Vacuum leak! Ecu is struggling to supply fuel to the engine as additional air is making it into the inlet manifold, hence the revs hunting.

It's a turbo diesel? . There is always positive pressure in the intake.

Yes its a 2.7 tdi v6.