Help please think our clutch is on the way out

G19rnt

Reaction score
Hi everyone hope everyone's had a good Christmas and new year.our 61 plate a4 2.0tdi teknik has developed a problem if your driving sensibly or at 30mph it's fine but if your for example pulling out onto a dual carriageway if you accelerate in 3rd then 4th 5th etc it's like the car revs up but isn't moving any faster almost like the clutch is slipping if you don't over accelerate it doesn't do it any ideas what it could be could do without having the expense of a new clutch at this time of year

Thanks for your reply that was my fear a new clutch sounds expensive too the cars done around 90000 miles

Definitely a worn clutch. Normally worse in higher gears

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have the same problem, 85000 miles it's a slipping clutch alright.
A good Independent mech will be a lot cheaper than main dealer.
I will change mine myself with a mate some time in the spring.

Reactions: Chop.
Thanks a lots for your advice much appreciated it's all just come at the wrong time as we're in need of tyres a service and brakes so hopefully we can nurse it along for a little while longer normally I would do the brakes myself but being the rear ones think it'll need to be a garage job

If like mine it only does it when the car is fully warmed up and on the motorway, it will do for a while unless it start doing it around town all the time, then it time to bit the bullet

Yours sounds the same as ours johnny I only notice it when accelerating through the higher gears if your on a dual carriageway once your up to speed it's fine and driving around town there's no issue

Yeah we have the same issue and unfortunately it will be time to change the clutch sometime in the not to distant future.