Help please new roof fitment

Mikeblfc8

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have the dreaded rear screen falling out problem which a lot of people seem to have so I have bought a Second hand roof off eBay which I will be fitting with a friend. Got quite a lot of mechanical knowledge and it's a challenge we can take on but I found a video couple weeks back of someone changing their roof which was a great guide but i can't seem to find it now. Does anyone have or know of a video or instructions on the process to make it easier? Thanks very much. Mike

Hi Darren. Thanks for the reply, is this just changing the material and not the complete roof? Is this quite easy to do then? As I was thinking of taking the whole roof off and doing a complete switch but would you say this is easier? Thanks

There is a company in Leicester called The Hood guys and they can rebond the rear window if the roof is good.Changing the whole roof inc frame is a major job and can be a nightmare to get it to operate properly.There are 15 switchs/sensors on the roof which to be honest don't like behaving at the best of times, I've only ever changed a whole roof once, never ever ever again!

The liner is only clipped on round the rear window unless someone has glued it, from the factory they are clipped.

roof has had it to be honest I bonded it last year myself and used gorilla glue but it's all gone yellow and it's ruined now. One of the microswitches is faulty anyway so roof only does 3/4 cycle once Iv fitted this roof I'm off to khurrem at Vagpro in Leicester to fix the micro switch problem. He's given me some info on changing it. I'm goin to try to remove the material tomorrow on the old one whilst on the car see if it works ok if it does I will probably do it the way you did it. I will let you know how I get on. Thanks for the advice and replies.

Hey Darran. Just thought would give you an update. Complete roof change was completed today and found it pretty easy in the end, all works like it did before and fits great. Took about 4-5 hours in total.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    409 KB · Views: 113