Help Please Have been robbed

jamiep1986

Reaction score
(pics are in post below)

Hi guys

I bought a bumper off of eBay for my audi a3 2005 model with a split grill.The bumper i bought is in the picture i have included.(the black s3 replica)Was not nearly as good as the picture.Is made of fiberglass, the corners do not match to the side wings and also the crash bar had to be removed.Am going to send back and get refund.Hopefully.

I am adamant i want to change bumper and make my car a bit smarter.I have already added Audi a5 seats, sat nav double din unit,sline gear stick plus silver door trim.Next is the bumper.Whilst looking eBay and gum tree i have seen the nicest s3 replica on a 2004 plate Audi a3.I now want to make exactly the same as this.Please can someone help me with the information to do this plus where i may get legit plastic parts that will fit the car.My body shop[ is telling me avoid fiberglass at all costs. And if i must got for cheaper option look for pattern parts.
The replica is the blue Audi.It is the new style bumper form 2008 on wards but still is on the 8p chassis.What do i have to do.Is it just to remove the bonnet and bumper and replace with a newer one or do i have to do anything else.Also if anyone has any bumpers for sale do do this mod please let me no.If anyone has done this before or has the knowledge to do this i would really appreciate it.

regards all

j

Attachments

• 20141221_101008.jpg
    20141221_101008.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 184
  • audi 2.jpg
    audi 2.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 314
  • audi.JPG
    audi.JPG
    144.6 KB · Views: 161
  • audi3.JPG
    audi3.JPG
    218.2 KB · Views: 295

How much did you spend on that bumper mate? (if you don't mind me asking)
Also there is a broken S3 A3 bumper on ebay for £100 but you can buy it for £80 if you haggle the price a bit. It will need repairing but worth it IMO.
Thank you

so you want to do the 8p3 facelift? you might want to consider changing your title, its a bit misleading.

Reactions: Brennan and mithun95
I paid £175 form ebay for the bumper.Is it the yellow one on ebay?I am now interested the design up form the bumper i purchased originally.The audi s3 2008 -2012 design i think. I just don't no what i need to do.Cannot afford to buy something else that does not fit. need some advice really

I paid £175 form ebay for the bumper.Is it the yellow one on ebay?I am now interested the design up form the bumper i purchased originally.The audi s3 2008 -2012 design i think. I just don't no what i need to do.Cannot afford to buy something else that does not fit. need some advice really

If you can't return it, let me know :p

No it's sprint blue I believe.

Will do,i am trying to do that now but may have been over the waiting period.Why whats up??

If you want to go 8p3 prepare for a very very large bill....

You need everything changed at the front... And you'll be looking at £2K+ just for the parts.. Then theres the labour involved in moving the wing mounting brackets the lot... Then theres the bill for painting...

I'd stick to your original plan as you'll only need Bumper, grill and bonnet... S3 sideskirts and rear bumper.. Even at that set aside £1500 to be done properly... And thats without it being painted...

mate u and me both
I have had trouble making it fit maybe you can have a better go,Anyway if they do not refund i will let u no.Do you have any idea about the conversion i want to do.

Reactions: mithun95
Cheers for the reply
If i want to put a 2008 plus bumper onto my 2005 audi a3 is going to be a ot of work.Does this hold true for all variations such as the s3 2009 bumper and a3 2008 bumper.And the Audi a3 v?
cheers mate i may have to g for original plan but one can hope

I'm not sure on this but from my understanding, you need to replace everything (bumper, bonnet, side panels, mirrors etc... ) if you want to 'upgrade' to 2008>. However, if you buy a S3 bumper 2005-2008, it would be a quick swap (may need to trim the impact bar).

I'm not sure on this but from my understanding, you need to replace everything (bumper, bonnet, side panels, mirrors etc... ) if you want to 'upgrade' to 2008>. However, if you buy a S3 bumper 2005-2008, it would be a quick swap (may need to trim the impact bar).

Your bang on... From your model to 8P2 S3 you need bumper, grill and bonnet and maybe need to trim the crash bar... I'd wait and get a broken genuine bumper and not a cheap copy.. Probably round about the same price if your patient enough... Side skirts will need to be bought from Audi as far as I know and pick up a rear bumper from ebay or something

Reactions: mithun95