HELP PLEASE GUYS!

A3-BEN

Reaction score
After some advise from anyone who's is either running g coilovers really low or on air ride.
I put coilovers on my 8p1 a few weeks ago and wound them right down with the helpers out at the front and now when I go round left hand corners over about 15mph I get a juddering through the car but not the steering. Straight and turning left are fine. I've checked wheel bearings, ect and there's no rubbing. A lad at work said that it may be the drive shaft because of the angle it's running at so I've raised the car a bit but it's still the same. Does anyone know if it is the drive shat of something else?

possible it's the ARB on the drive shaft. I know this was a problem for MKIV GTI's.... I'm not 100% tho because I changed mine the same time as coilovers

I've checked that mate and it's not rubbing anywhere. Arb clears the shaft. We think it could be the shaft because of the angle it's running at but loads of people are running this low if not lower and not having this problem. Strange

Reactions: GGG_666
Sorted this mystery. Spoke to a lad called SI from stillstatic who said with it been dsg then I might have to shorten the shaft. He also said I could try shifting the engine over on the mounts which is what I did and presto. No more noise. Must have been pressure on the shaft slighty when turning. Anyway it's a win win and cost me nothing