Help please car is being taken away!

I'd not part with monies. He'll pay it back but not in 7 days. It'll be at least a year. 50 quid here, 50 quid there

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ricky Burrows
Just read through this - what a nachtmare!

I see where you're coming from by thinking of paying half of the settlement figure, but should you really have to?

As far as I can see, this bloke got stitched up by his so-called mate and if I was him, I'd go and take it out of his face then tip him up to see what falls out of his wallet, but that's not really your concern.

If it was me, I'd be wanting to help the guy tip the c**t up for all the hassle he's caused.

Hopefully, all that have read this have learned that doing their own HPI checks can prevent this sort of situation.

Damn decent of you. Hope it works out in your favour.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Think im going to take everyone’s advice and leave him to sort it himself, I'm a man of my word so it makes this especially difficult for me after saying i would go halfs for a week, but a few alarm bells are there and after the week I've had that’s generally a bad thing so i think ill just ignore him and hopefully he gets the hint...

Reactions: maxdrz400, Alistair D, HOGG and 1 other person
Think im going to take everyone’s advice and leave him to sort it himself, I'm a man of my word so it makes this especially difficult for me after saying i would go halfs for a week, but a few alarm bells are there and after the week I've had that’s generally a bad thing so i think ill just ignore him and hopefully he gets the hint...
Just make sure the car company are sending you the log book and key and not sending it to him

This entire thread promoted me to go and buy and more expensive hpi check. No outstanding finance on mine thank ****.

wise decision Ricky.

Reactions: HOGG
Just make sure the car company are sending you the log book and key and not sending it to him

Yeah i been in contact with them yesterday there sending me the log book there was no spare key unfortunately

Reactions: Alistair D
Glad you've got it sorted?

I've only skim-read the thread, but you bought a car without the V5?

Quick update ive had a few messages from the guy today which ive ignored and now hes saying he will contact Natwest to cancel the payment? The loan company has said its clear and ive updated the car on my hpi check and it now says its clear also, is this guy possible to do that? As that seems very unlikely when it seems to be cleared.

Very much doubt the bank could or would reverse that transaction.

Ahh Ricky glad to see this sorted man (hopefully) yeah as stated they can be cancelled if both parties agree. But like said I can’t imagine for one second the loan company would agree to it. They want their money at the end of the day and they’ve got it. I see where you were coming from but you’ve had a majority of the stress. And you were the one that had to deal with them on your doorstep. That’s enough payment on your side of things.

Ahh Ricky glad to see this sorted man (hopefully) yeah as stated they can be cancelled if both parties agree. But like said I can’t imagine for one second the loan company would agree to it. They want their money at the end of the day and they’ve got it. I see where you were coming from but you’ve had a majority of the stress. And you were the one that had to deal with them on your doorstep. That’s enough payment on your side of things.
Thanks mate still stressing about it as he's still mumbling on but totally agree with what you said and the fact I've already paid for the car to begin with, think this is one for him and his business partner now.

Was this guy the one that had a load of flash cars about? Clearly not that short of cash and if he is it's only a week he can call Motorkitty and get a short term loan to cover himself...

Reactions: Ricky Burrows, HOGG and Sam1989
Was this guy the one that had a load of flash cars about? Clearly not that short of cash and if he is it's only a week he can call Motorkitty and get a short term loan to cover himself...

Lol there on speed dial now

Haha ideal glad your all sorted :icon thumright:
Personally I really don't see that you are obliged to cover his cash flow for a week, yeah it's really good of him to pay up but when it comes down to it he's liable for the debt as he committed fraud in the act of forging the hpi document...

Quick update ive had a few messages from the guy today which ive ignored and now hes saying he will contact Natwest to cancel the payment? The loan company has said its clear and ive updated the car on my hpi check and it now says its clear also, is this guy possible to do that? As that seems very unlikely when it seems to be cleared.

This is why I suggested you just walkaway from him Ricky, if you had paid him back it is very unlikely he would have refunded you, he's trying it on now , just block his number and forget about it, if he does make a fuss then just report him and his mate for fraud etc.

Reactions: Pedrödelabongo and Ricky Burrows
Totally agree thats just the good guy in me coming out I've had a sleep or two since then and I'm thinking better for it now lol.

Thanks to everyone for the advice and support it’s definitely helped me out and appreciated.

Reactions: HOGG, Sidrick, Pedrödelabongo and 1 other person
Totally understand that it does seem a bit crazy i just feel for him as he'sshown me the hpi report on the 18th of January 2019 and it does say its clear and ive also found out that he bought the car that evening and the owner before him (his friend of a friend) took the loan out that morning against the car so he planned it all along think thats where im feeling for him as i was in that situation before he sorted it for me but yeah definitely see where your both coming from in leaving it as that.
What an absolute pr!ck.... hobble the sod!

So just to clarify the hpi check, does the £20 one check for the logbook loan?
I get attached to my cars very quickly and I would feel like committing murder if some devious tw*t caused a car to be taken from me.

So just to clarify the hpi check, does the £20 one check for the logbook loan?
I get attached to my cars very quickly and I would feel like committing murder if some devious tw*t caused a car to be taken from me.
Yeah tell me about it I'm the same with my cars and the mrs car for that matter, right so if you go on to hpicheck.com you have the £9.99 one thats a basic check and does cover outstanding finance/debt but it don't cover you for “other finance agreements” which the £19.99 one does cover you for and thats what finds these log book loan ********, and probably a few other types of loans none of us have probably heard of as well.

Reactions: LawrenceH and BakPak
Just caught up on this.
What a nightmare Ricky, glad you got it all sorted though.
You did right to walk away and block any contact with the vendor. He put you through the ordeal then wanted you to "lend" him half?
Jeez the milk of human kindness only extends so far, and is that cow is now hamburgers.

Reactions: HOGG and Ricky Burrows
Just caught up on this.
What a nightmare Ricky, glad you got it all sorted though.
You did right to walk away and block any contact with the vendor. He put you through the ordeal then wanted you to "lend" him half?
Jeez the milk of human kindness only extends so far, and is that cow is now hamburgers.
Yeah thanks, its been a while now and still no word from him so thats all in the past now thank god, definitely an experience i don't feel like going through again thats for sure.

Reactions: Stanningtonglen and Pie-eyedpiper