Help please car alarm randomly going off

G19rnt

Reaction score
Hi everyone I've developed a problem in my 2007 a3 1.9tdi 3door it started this morning when my alarm went off out of the blue so I opened the car then locked it again then 5 minutes later it went off again I then popped out to the shop and the boot open warning light is on but the boot is closed properly anybody have any ideas thanks in advance

Water from the washer pipe getting into the Wiper motor and rear hatch handle/switch. It's a common problem.

As said common problem. Disconnect the washer pipe from the rear wiper motor, block it off & zip tie it well out the way. Dry it well using paper
towel & a hair dryer . There are a few threads on here regarding this problem. In the end you will need a new rear wiper motor because the seal has gone hence the washer fluid dripping onto the boot latch & tripping the sensor .

Thanks for your reply would that cause the alarm to go off I'll go and take a look is there something I can do to stop the alarm going off thanks

Yes , it shorts out the sensor on the boot latch as it drips. I did all the above to mine as a temporary fix 10 months ago ........ still like it now ,lol,
but the alarm has not gone off since.

You'll need to pop off the hatch trim and the cause should be obvious. The wiper motor will be full of rusty water, the small loom plug by the boot handle will be wet. Leave it too long and the hatch won't lock and the wiper will stop working.