HELP PLEASE!!! A3 air vents not working with ac on???

Ade6

Reaction score
Hello all, my car is a 56 a3. The vents will pump out lots of air if the econ button is pressed (lit up) but as soon as its turned off it blows nothing. You can hear air blowing but its like a flap closes and shuts the air to the vents off.
Also the good lady tells me its blowing hot air when set to 18 i think she said?! Ive ran it thru vcds and come up with these 2 codes.

03271 - installation of positioning motor for back pressure flap

00483 - control module for auxiliary air heater

Can any body shed any light???
Thank youuuu

Tried disconnected the battery to reset it?

Don't know if it would actually do anything but it's worth a try ....

It seems your motor that opens and shuts the vents flap, has malfunction somehow .... Maybe got out of calibration so it thinks its open when it's shut and whatnot ....

Sent from my highchair using Tapacar

Logon to 08, goto basic settings, do a 001 alignment, report back.

Anything done to the car recently?

I did do that on and it all come back as okay, but then deleted the codes and the 2 came back. I have swapped the single din radio for a double din unit but im sure it was like this before. The air comes out with the econ button on but when i turn it off (ac on) it closes something and no air comes out the vents

So did you also change the climate control for a dd version?

Yes i did come to think of it yes.

8p0820043ag Is the part number i fitted

Probably fitted a mid 07 onwards climate unit & thus isnt compatible as past this date they changed setups.

Can you show me the current unit & part number as now I'm curious about something else.

It looks the same as mine it still has the econ buttons instead of the ac i know there different as i had one of those and it didn't work properly, or do they change something inside?

16/11/07 the one i removed i still have which is 11/07/06

I suspect the new one is too new as its 16/11 which is past the date of the change, find an older unit & test & I reckon this will be resolved.

You are right!! I had my old one lying about so i connected that and it worked fine so i swapped the internals to fit into my double din heater controls (smaller face) and its all back working like a dream thank you NHN top chap!!!

Reactions: abmat