Help! Passenger door won't close.

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
Got to work this morning, went around the car to open the passenger door, got my coat, went to close it and now it wont latch, its just flapping about open. Help please because ive lost the will to live with this car.

Hi Dani,

I know the feeling... I had a sticky latch too, so I sprayed some WD40 on the latch and it seemed to fix the problem.

Another thing to look out for is the door handle cable is attached fully inside the door card. This is only if the problem occurs when you opening the door from the inside.

hi bud, ive got the same problem, the metal catch is so worn on mine it opens itself even when locked.

First thing to check have a look at the striker plate on the b pillar (the bit it catches onto) make sure its lined up properly and not loose. close the door slowly and see it it goes over the striker plate level or not. See the attached terrible drawing...

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h240/ash_pearce/catch.jpg

Mine is so worn it needs replacing part no. is 8L2837015B if you can find one.

Good luck!

Got to work this morning, went around the car to open the passenger door, got my coat, went to close it and now it wont latch, its just flapping about open. Help please because ive lost the will to live with this car.

I know that feeling bud, I'm there with mine as well. Shall we do a group burning?