HELP!! P2102 - THROTTLE ACTUATOR CONTROL

wazza13

Reaction score
Can you please help me!! For the past 4 months my A3 engine management light has been on and when i ran the vag, it came up with the following codes:

P2102 - Throttle Actuator Control Motor Circuit Low
P2100 -**Throttle Actuator Control Motor Circuit/open

Iv cleared the codes and next time i start engine the light cones back on!! Now iv read on various forums that it could be the throttle body, wiring etc and currently im using miller octane injector cleaner in deisel to see if it helps but what has REALLY puzzled me is that my car is driving absolutely brill!! it doesnt go into limp mode, it flys when i put foot down, engine is smooth, idle at 900 and stays there altho it does shake in idle (not the needle but the car) but then again its been doing the for past 3 years and this management light has come on since oct. iv taken it to many garages but they are clueless and said try changing body but if car is driving fine i dont think its the throttle body.*So could someone PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!! I dont know jack about car diy.

Thanks

Audi A3 2 0tdi se 2006

Check the intake manifold flap to see if its broken inside, as these were prone to the plastic teeth breaking internally.