Help on rims pls....!

Andreashadji

Reaction score
Hey guys need your thoughts on a set of rims I might be getting.
I have 16 inch stock on an 2012,A3 2.0 TDI QUATTRO and I saw some 18 inch BBS with 225/40/18 tyres on them.
They are 8 inch and offset 40 if not mistaken.
Will these be ok on the car or will they cause any issues?
Thanks in advance for any input!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the A3 offset is the same or very close to the S3 which it'si stock offset is ET54 so if the offset off the new rims are 4o they will stick out4mm from your wheel arch

Reactions: Andreashadji
Is your car lowered or on factory suspension? If it isn't lowered it might look like a monster truck. Sport and S-Line A3 have 7.5x18 ET56 as standard.
If it is lowered then people seem to say 8x18 with a ET45-43 is the sweet spot although people do run much bigger and wider rims with lots of adjustment.

Thanks for the replies guys!
No not lowered although I was thinking about some 3mm eibachs.

I'm running 8x18 et43 rims with 225/40 tyres and they are almost flush with the fender on my 2012 S3. The S3 have the same fenders Front/back as the A3.

Et40 is just sticking out 3mm more and will be perfect flush I think!

Ok here it goes...
d51ef68753b4e67f379b6e8ceaf0a8f5.jpg

Looks good and flush in the back I think.
Performance wise will there be any problem?

Ok here it goes...

Your back ones will stick out a little more but non noticable to untrained eye, you could lower your car all round with coil overs or a lot off people lower there car using Eibach sport shocks and 20mm Eibach springs ,
Down side to lowering 20mm is if it needsto be put st anytime on a recovery truck you could find it is too low to fully get up the ramps ,

I m currently on koni special active shocks on stock springs.
Koni can accept up to 30mm lowering springs.
Will that be ok or will I have problems with the arches?

It would be wise to give @DPM a PM explaining what you have and what you want to do and i'm sure they will keep you right mate

Reactions: DPM
It would be wise to give @DPM a PM explaining what you have and what you want to do and i'm sure they will keep you right mate

Is that a user or a store?cause I m in Greece so unless it’s for expert advice it would be difficult to meet and stuff

Ok here it goes...

They’ll be fine, A3’s take et 54 to et45 easily. Mines are A4 wheels et45 and look ok. Your wheels will be a little heavier so will increase fuel consumption a bit.

Is that a user or a store?cause I m in Greece so unless it’s for expert advice it would be difficult to meet and stuff

They are site sponsors who give advice on what they know best