Help on buying a 2003 A4 Avant 1.8t Sport (190) ALLOY ISSUES

blyths24

Reaction score
I am looking to buy a second hand 2003 A4 Avant 1.8t Sport (190) privatly, the alloy wheels shown are 17inch 5 spoke wheels, with Vortex side skirts and bumpers..

My question is:

Should this model come with the 18inch 12 spoke alloy wheels? NOT the 17inch 5 spoke wheels the seller is advertising, has he changed them? If so should I offer a lower price than he is selling for.

Thanks very much

Hello,

1. Have you got a link to the car?
2. 2003 model i think is a B6 this is the B5 forum
3. Regardless of alloy size, there are lots of other factors reflecting the price of the vehicle so its impossible for us to say "yeah offer lower!" If that makes sense?

If the wheels are the sport alloys;
Genuine Audi A4 17" Sport Alloy Wheels | eBay

I think they do come on the avant anyway (I think.....)

Yeah sure its:

Audi : ***Stunning Audi A4 Estate 190bhp Sport***

I have also just realised I posted in the wrong section! its been a long week!

Yeah, its had a new turbo, new water pump, oil filter this year, so I think the price of £5000 is probably reasonable, but a chap at my work who is Audi mad, has said ask for lower because of the wheels and Vortex kit not being standard for this model, just seeing if you guys on here agree or the new turbo etc and low milage (78k) is correct for the asking price of £5k.

Thanks for helping :)

Hi and Welcome,

Firstly as mentioned, 2003 (190 BHP) is B6 platform not B5.

Secondly, The alloys 'may' have been changed or possibly, when the car was ordered (if factory fitted vortex kit?) the alloys were not upgraded? If the seller is the only owner then pose the question to them regarding the alloys. It could be that they found the 18inch wheel ride was too firm and downsized to 17" to give a bit of comfort back?

Dan

Afternoon,

Thanks for the info, I will pose the question when I view the car monday, as you can probably tell I am not too hot on the car business! Hence my probably quite simple questions, sorry! Just making sure I wont be paying more than I should, Parkers quoted just under £4,000 for this model, but that will be without the new turbo etc.

Thanks very much Dan

tbh, "its got a new turbo" shouldnt actually add value, just helps it retain its value. but on the flip side it would be worth less with a knackard turbo.....
like wise 78k isnt what id call low milage on an 03 plate, its still knocking on 9000miles a year. 40k would be low milage imo.

sounds expencive to me. if your happy with it, offer him 4250?

i like it m8 looks pretty cool even on the standard sport rims, offer him 4200 cash and they get some sline (rs6 style 18's) that will look sweet with the votex kit...

The votex front bumper looks rubbish - you should sell that to me once you've bought it!?!?!?!?

oil changes, i don't want to put you off, but sluge is a big problem with the 1.8t, if it had good oil change history and been looked ofter the it worth the money, but if it been on the long life service it may have a sluge issue which may have had nacked the turbo and oil pump, mine is on 120000miles the turbo is still sweet, i did have the oil pressure issue but was delt with straight away and change oil every 10000 which is 6 months for me,

Thanks for the tips on the oil, somebody did briefly mention the oil issue but you have explained alot better :)

And for the bumper, It does look awful, I may just have to sell it ;)

Thanks guys, I will see how low he will drop the price tomorrow