Help, No Brakes

S3 Sly

Reaction score
I was bleeding the brakes on the S3 today, I normally just open all the bleed nipples and let them run whilst topping up the res, this has worked fine for many years, until I added two 4 year old kids in to the mix that I was left to watch over, I forgot about the brakes and managed to let the res run dry.

Now I can't get the pedal back, I'm guessing either the ABS unit needs bleeding or I need to pressurise the system or both. Anyone know how to bleed the whole system?

Master cylinder mate, it right under the brake fluid reservoir, after bleeding the actual calipers, do this last, best done with an eazibleed kit if you are on your own.

I agree with Jojo. Mine were a pig to do last year, so went ond bought an eezibleed. Works like a charm...

Cheers,

Cheers guys, just got in from doing it.I tried pressurizing the res with an old pop bottle and a bike pump and gaffer tape!! In the end I used vagcom. Choose basic setting 04 and then 002 with the caliper nipples open, this ran the pump and bled the brakes for me. No messing with an old coke bottle and a piece of pipe :)