Help needed

mpw2081

Reaction score
good morning all, just a question if anybody can help. I have a A3 2013 2.0tdi sportback. Yesterday whilst driving the car down some country lanes I noticed that whilst at a steady speed the engine seemed to judder and slow down slightly then return to normal. Also when I began to speed up from a standstill again a slight judder which was noticeable.

Now this as only occurred since Monday and this morning whilst coasting the vehicle in 2nd I could feel a judder like the engine was retarding slightly every now and then. I am not sure why this as just happened out of the blue.

I will say I do tow a lightweight caravan which is well in the tolerances of the car it this maybe just a coincidence but I've been towing this for months and no issues what so ever.

Any help appreciated

Sounds fuelly :(

Probably best to get it hooked up and injectors checked whilst running. Diag check should hold the key. Something should have been flagged up. Any lights on dash when it happens? Any fumes out the back?

Maybe a quick search of the forum to see if someone else has had a similar issue, maybe able to give you a heads up. Or see if any members that have VCDS access are close to you?